Featured Cut/Engraved? Bottle with Matching Top

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, May 4, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I've had this bottle for weeks and didn't want to show it until I finally managed to unlock the top. I tried all the usual ways - silicone spray, DeSolv it, Goof Off, oil, putting it in boiling hot water with a ice cube on the top. Didn't budge. That's probably how I ended up with this beautiful object - no one could get the top off. Then I decided to try an old technique for opening jelly jars - I beat it around the collar with a wooden spoon and the top just fell off.

[​IMG]

What I would appreciate is some help with when it was made and maybe, where. I can tell it is hand cut/engraved? because the cuts are uneven. I couldn't find a mark. It is 5 1/2 inches with the top on and 4 1/2 inches without the top and 2 1/2 inches in diameter at the widest point. I really like and I hope you do too. Any thoughts, ideas or comments will be gratefully appreciated.

IMG_0488.jpg IMG_0489.jpg IMG_0487.jpg IMG_0485.jpg IMG_0486.jpg IMG_0478.jpg IMG_0477.jpg IMG_0475.jpg IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG

Firemandk, judy, lovewrens and 2 others like this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I like it. Very cool~, Just a guess based on the bottom, I'm saying 1930's. Could very well be older though.

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. Lots of cutting work on a little Bottle. I haven’t seen one like it but my search terms were poor. That’s why I asked.

judy likes this.
  4. Bdigger

The Bottom of the stopper looks open to me which suggests to me it may have been used as a measure, I'm GUESSING it may be a Bath Salts Bottle.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

Oh. That’s a very interesting thought. Something pretty filled with something delightful. Thank you for this.

judy likes this.
  6. Bdigger

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

judy likes this.
  8. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I LOVE this bottle/jar. Conifers and sunflower? I would fill it with something colorful.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. That's a great idea and will accentuate the various designs. I was taken by the amount of work that went into it.

Draft saved Draft deleted