Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Hi David, welcome!

Any hope that you could provide better pictures?

I've brightened & flipped the signature for you.

1a.jpg

KSW and David Honea like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

KSW and komokwa like this.
  3. David Honea

David Honea New Member

Thank you for the advice

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

David, would you please post your extra pictures in the thread you started in the Art Forum, so every piece of information is in the relevant thread? Thank you.

KSW, David Honea and komokwa like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Rossa? Could be Rasso too from this angle.

KSW likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It looks like the head of a figurine that someone stuck on a whatever the heck that is . I like the head,but that base would have to go.

KSW likes this.
  7. johnnycb09

I know words do precious little to ease all the pain and fear ,but do know you are in all of our thoughts and we are always here for you. God , 2020 has been the worst year ever .

KSW, komokwa, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  8. evelyb30

Odd is the word for it. It looks like a cute ceramic head stuck onto a driftwood base. Or some sort of wood.

KSW likes this.
  9. evelyb30

Today started a little slow, thankfully. There was an estate sale starting at 7AM, but it was a company I avoid. (as in "if you can't say anything nice" avoid) Went to a fundraiser tag sale almost in Massachusetts instead, at a horse rescue. Spent $10 on a small 14k horse pendant and a Sadie Greene necklace. They were really nice (and I think bored) and even offered me a seat and a cookie. Just see that estate sale bunch offering so much as a kind word.

Then off to the charity thrift not too far away from the sale. I left something behind last week after paying for it...I thought ... and they'd been sold to someone else. Scored two sterling bracelets, weighted sterling candlesticks (straight to melt pile), a late Victorian print, a Danish Christmas whatsit, and a wooden box for $20. Sold the print in the parking lot of the thrift for $8 - paid $5. (LOL) A lady was coming back to buy it and I'd just bought it. My old friend Karen was there too by coincidence and she said "I know you sell stuff." So.. a fast 60% profit beats potentially getting stuck with it. Then off to West Hartford and a 14k angel necklace, weight not much, for $2.25. The sterling earrings with a weird mark were $6. The menorah was in a gift basket on sale for $7.50; it's lucite with a glass base.
    DSCF5227.JPG DSCF5228.JPG

10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

looks like you did well evelyb30:)
    I won this set of lights, the pig in the basket is a 'hard to find' bulb:)
    DSCF7752.jpeg DSCF7754.jpeg DSCF7755.jpeg

KSW, quirkygirl, Lucille.b and 8 others like this.
  11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

KSW likes this.
  12. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I really miss you guys and seeing your finds. The virus has been seeing an uptick, and I haven't been out much, just grocery shopping when absolutely necessary. I am way behind on photographing, though, and here are a few finds from weeks ago.

Red fretwork? brooch Red Fretwork Brooch.jpg

Thrift shop red glass necklace (tis the season for reds)
    Red Glass Necklace 2020.jpg
    I think this is Crown Trifari, thrift shop find
    Trifari dragonfly brooch.jpg
    And this was in an antique mall for $25, pin/pendant combo, 14k, old Victorian missing the diamond. I do have a small cushion cut diamond in a Victorian single earring, may fit this. I am also considering my father's birthstone, a garnet, for a replacement.
    14k Starburst Pearl Brooch.jpg

KSW, BMRT, quirkygirl and 10 others like this.
  13. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I have also found some great vintage dolls. This is one of my Holy Grail dolls, a #3 Barbie. My absolute Holy Grail Barbie is a #3 brunette ponytail with brown eyeliner, but the blue eyeliner seen on this doll is rarer. This doll also has nipples, also rare. The earlier versions had them, but Mattel faced an outrage from moms and stopped making them like this. She will clean up nicely; the ink spot over her eye is fixable, but I would leave that to a professional. Her hair and face is gorgeous, and of course, she has a story.

The very last trip to my favorite flea market was great. I found a case with a vintage brunette bubble cut Barbie and a vintage brunette Ken along with clone clothes and some original vintage Barbie outfits for $10 (need to photograph for you.) As I was walking to my car, an older couple had jewelry out, no great shakes, and I saw this doll shoved into a cardboard box, so I guess that's how people missed her. I asked how much, and they said $3. I almost cried.

My favorite toys growing up in the 60s were my Barbies, and they were all destroyed by my siblings and cousins. Although I love finding jewelry, I think finding the Barbies and other vintage dolls makes me even happier.

Barbie #3.jpg

bluumz, kyratango, Houseful and 5 others like this.
  14. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

She's really great Marko. She will clean up beautifully.

Bronwen likes this.
  15. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

That pin/pendant is beautiful! I think garnet would look wonderful :)

Bronwen likes this.
  16. johnnycb09

Love the red brooch ! Ive been limiting my outings severely as well here in Floriduh,less people are wearing masks now than before and it just irritates me to the point I cant enjoy an outing.

17. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Got this McCoy cookie jar at a thrift store today. Was not super cheap but I like it and have been wanting to add some McCoy cookie jars to my collection for a while. Surprised to see something "nice" at one of our thrifts.

McCoy Yellow Pepper Cookie Jar.jpg

18. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers with your mother and your family.

Aquitaine, komokwa and wiscbirddog like this.
  19. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That red brooch might be Neiger.

johnnycb09 and bercrystal like this.
  20. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

I am getting quiet some great stuff thru FB market place.
    Here is my find of today.
    A old hospital chair, with proof of provenance...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted