Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Here’s a cruddy photo of the rest of last weeks picks.
    The 520 gram sterling bowl was $72. in an antique booth along with a Thanh Le bronze woman for $14. The two little Steiffs were $1.99+ for both, the ivory snuff bottle and container were .25 cents each, the Persian 875 tray was a dollar, the tall trumpet vase was $2.99+, the damaged 800 German teapot was a dollar, the Gorham ribbed bowl was $1.99+ and the wood topped compote $2.99. The jewelry and baby spoon all sterling and a 14kt bracelet from a $9.99+ junk jar. Almost forgot the Robert Morse pheasant was $1.99.
    C93B896D-D8C0-4D89-B198-8234AEE066AF.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Found this today. Thought it was glass until I saw the leaves were carved stone. Looked closer and it has striations in the apple pointing to stone. Online, similar apples with natural wood stems and carved stone leaves are listed as jade but I don't know what stone the apple is. IMG_1679.jpg IMG_1683.jpg

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

bowser, you got lots of good stuff anund:)
    I don't know what stone it is either, but it is lovely:)

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Serpentine apple, looks like. Nice score!

5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

6. KikoBlueEyes

That is sweet Joe!

pearlsnblume and Lucille.b like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Yay Joe !!!
    I doubt there is any one here who could not make use of that !!:happy::happy::happy:

8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

So I was a little overzealous at the auction last night. Might have to become an antique dealer by necessity soon. Got some great pieces but may have overpaid a bit for a few in retrospective when comparing to eBay.

pepsi matchbooks.jpg pepsi pinbacks.jpg coca cola tray.jpg Mccoy large jardinaire.jpg roseville magnolia candleholders.jpg

9. KikoBlueEyes

10. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Now we just need a recovery in the antique market! I see tons of people my age (30 years old) and younger in antique malls and thrift stores so perhaps there is hope.

11. KikoBlueEyes

Let's hope so. Tastes change across generations. Perhaps an appreciation for older things is coming back. :happy:

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I believe thrift store buyers are there for reasons that have nothing to do with a love of antiques..

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  13. anundverkaufen

Found this amber “child’s necklace”, just 13” long end to end for $1.99+.
    C2B70B55-A3CD-49A5-9E84-2D6B6202869B.jpeg

Anyone thirsty? This was $1.49+, couldn’t leave it.
    95FB71A4-CDF2-4C8B-9380-B682300ACAFD.jpeg

14. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

15. anundverkaufen

16. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Almost forgot to post this one!

I remember a few years ago on this forum, I was lamenting a seltzer bottle at an estate auction that I didn't win the bid on. I remember folks on here saying that another nice one would come along at a better price.

Well that has happened. I got the one below for $15.

seltzer bottle.jpg

17. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks like!

@anundverkaufen - egg yolk amber for $1.99? Whoops! Were they restrung? They're either really old and have lost a few beads, or really old and they were always that short.

18. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Joe,
    Nice seltzer bottle. When I was living in Brooklyn they delivered those seltzer bottles. Most of them were from 1916 to 1925 from Czech. They were so heavy and sturdy. I had ten or twelve that I kept they were blue like yours but had wonderful sand blasted designs. I have to call some friends and see if they deliver them.
    greg

19. anundverkaufen

Pretty sure they are restrung, they’re on a gold filled chain and clasp. The jumper rings are soldered shut.

i need help likes this.
  20. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Back from girls weekend and measured the Deco style necklace. Opened up it measures 15-1/2" (40 CM), a bit tight for today so maybe it is vintage? The mark is "Sterling" and there is a design on the bezel settings. I don't know, I am very careful with what I sell, I would never misrepresent a modern piece as vintage Deco! I think more research is in order.

Just so no one has to look back, this is the necklace I posted last week and some boardies had questions on it:
    SSDecoStyleNecklc.jpg

While visiting my sisters I found an estate sale :) Here are 2 silver hair pins and an I am not sure what it is, the small oriental piece on the top:
    SlvrHairPins.jpg

It has a hook on the back that looks like something a pen would have, here is a close up taken from the side:
    SlvrHairPinCU.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted