Galle cameo glass vase – Real or Repro ???

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Galle vase – Real or Repro ???

My primitive understanding of these “Galle” vases is that they have a polished
    pontil that shows internal layers of glass as rings of colour. This seems to have that
    but there is very little wear on the base. Thoughts anyone???

Cheers
    Stephen

PICT0012s.jpg PICT0013s.jpg PICT0014s.jpg PICT0015s.jpg PICT0016s.jpg PICT0017s.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

That signature does not look right to me. I would google for comparisons of good and black. My saved link is corrupted.

3. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Think I agree. The signature is not normally so "in your face" like that. Also don't like the ground flat top. The real ones are said to all be rounded. Think it is a repro that is a cut above normal repros as they have gone to the trouble to use the same style of manufacture as the originals. Also suspect the square shape is not one of the known shapes.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Reproduction. The G that looks more like a Y is the first clue.

5. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

The quality of artwork, the colours ... all a bit suspect.

kyratango likes this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

We have had some previous threads on real/fake Galle that are packed with good info. This is one of them, I'm sure there are others. Using the search function to look for Galle should turn up others. :happy:

kyratango and CheersDears like this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

totally made in China yesterday,but its a pretty piece regardless. Id have bought it. :)

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted