Featured Glass Vase ID Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MiMiM, Mar 8, 2021.

1. MiMiM

MiMiM New Member

image1 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg image6.jpeg image7.jpeg image8.jpeg Hello,

Can anyone help me on this piece? I purchased it at a local thrift store. I'm really not sure of the age. It stands 12" tall.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, @MiMiM
    Please check the box for Full Images in the future. I’ve enlarged these, Thanks :)

3. MiMiM

MiMiM New Member

Oh so sorry! Thank you!

i need help likes this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi Mimim, welcome to the forum:) that is a nice looking piece!
    I found one that sold in Jan/21 for a nice chunk of change. They say it is cased glass, blue/amber - is yours cased also? In your last photo, there is some blue showing. I like their term 'Antler Style top', the top is very distinctive. They also say Murano, might be the direction to look at to see if you can confirm, or , hopefully someone will be along to confirm it is Italian. I'll keep looking too:)
    here is the link to the listing -
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murano-Art-Glass-Vase-Blue-Cased-in-Amber-Ribbed-Body-Antler-Style-Top-/303360451723?mkevt=1&toolid=10001&mkcid=1&campid=5338722076&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&nma=true&si=LyMmyWArmooxrVBtWHMHwN%2F4E1U%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 7.18.06 PM.png

5. MiMiM

MiMiM New Member

Wow! Thank you so much!!! Yes, it is cased glass. Mine has larger antlers. hahaha I like that too!

cxgirl, pearlsnblume and Aquitaine like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's almost certainly Japanese.

cxgirl, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

cxgirl likes this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

you are good bear:) For me, unless it had a label, I wouldn't know it was made in Japan. I suspect there are lots of pieces id as Murano but are really from Japan.
    MiMiM, maybe try this group, they are friendly and helpful:)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/879947122062872

Ownedbybear and i need help like this.
  9. MiMiM

MiMiM New Member

Thanks so much guys!

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's style and characteristics, if that makes sense. And also, buying stuff on spec. ;)

I've had these spiky things before.

Draft saved Draft deleted