Featured Green "7 Way Susan" is it Anchor Hocking?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Emalinedawn, Aug 22, 2017.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Great unique find.

Greg, your last line of your post made me giggle.:) But I am sure it was not funny when it happened.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Pearl,
    At least over the years my language has calmed down!!!!:eek:
    greg

Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Graycat

Graycat New Member

I just bought one, also in orginal box, and it has two smaller (~4") round "dishes" with brass inserts that create the lazy susan that the big glass tray sits on.

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Graycat - can we see it??:)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Morgan Parry

Morgan Parry New Member

Hi gang,
    I am a collector, but I do not collect antiques which is why I am here. My grandmother passed away about 10 years ago and I inherited this exact piece (including the lazy susan spinning part). We are doing some spring cleaning and my wife wants to donate this item but the collector in me wants to know its value before we just give it away. Could someone indicate its value or point me in a direction that i could obtain that information?
    Thanks for any and all input.
    Morgan 20200503_170256_crop_41.jpg

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Bronwen likes this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

But this one isn't lazy or for the lazy. The 7 is a puzzle though.

i need help likes this.
  7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The metal race with ball bearings is very hard to find.It is anchor hocking and a nice item in the Forrest green. I do not recall the pattern name. Check eBay solds for idea of current market.

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Put some dip on the middle and cut up fruit and or veggies and it makes a lovely dish for gatherings. Nice item

i need help and Bronwen like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

This is one I found sold (scroll to bottom) https://www.rubylane.com/item/509419-GS6540/Anchor-Hocking-Cafe-Forest-Green-8
    You can check EBay solds.

10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

This is just my personal opinion. I think that the OP's set with the tray and the original box could sell for around $120+. The one posted by Morgan Parry could sell for as high as $250+ because of the original lazy susan tray which is very rare.

I have this set in my inventory without a tray. I placed it for sale in the mall space with a pottery tray that fits very well. It went in right before COVID hit so it's still there. At the time I did a lot of research and believe I saw one on ebay with a faux wood lazy susan tray that sold for about $120 if I'm recalling it correctly. Maybe if someone here has that ebay service that checks completeds for a full year, it could be found.

11. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

12. Morgan Parry

Morgan Parry New Member

Thanks for all your input here. It's clear to me that this item has enough value that I should not just give it away. I think I'm realistically looking at maybe getting $100 - $150 with some patience.

Draft saved Draft deleted