Featured Help w/reading this needlework sampler

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by bluumz, Nov 22, 2016.

1. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

That’s a possibility. :)

Bronwen likes this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I've spent thirty minutes trying to search this and haven't come across the town of Nile, Texas referred to as "River Nile" at all... my research skills obviously aren't as good as I thought! Can you offer more guidance, please? Thanks!

On a side note, I've been reading some old newspapers from that time/area and there are a significant amount of women listed in the obituaries who burned to death when their dresses caught fire. :eek:

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I do apologie; I can't find my original source. Perhaps the local historical society will provide confirmation. Also, I think your sampler may have been done by a young girl named Mima. Not an unusual name in the era and it means "dove" which could be the bird pictured on the sampler. Lots of doves in Milam County.

Debora

th.jpg

bluumz and Darkwing Manor like this.
  4. Dennny

Dennny New Member

I would say To Nanna from Mona!

Draft saved Draft deleted