Featured how much for this "ugly" teapot?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Phaik Hooi, Oct 27, 2017.

1. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

When we were kids and we went to see my Dad in Ga, there was a water tower that was in the shape of a peach. This reminds me of that water tower or the butt tower :hilarious: as was called it when rode by. Later on the name was revised as the big a## tower :rolleyes:

judy, Phaik Hooi and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Does your pot have this mark?

upload_2017-11-1_11-37-41.png

Attached Files:

3. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

nope but i will draw it in once my practice runs are perfect! ;):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Ok, don't hate me but I believe the teapot is not antique. Might be vintage but that's about it. Same with the Etsy piece, no way of being 19th century. The enamels, outlines, base, all wrong for Republic and prior Chinese porcelain.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Don't worry kard, Phaik doesn't think it is antique, and I'm sure she doesn't hate you.:)

judy and Phaik Hooi like this.
  6. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

i agree :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Any Jewelry, judy and kyratango like this.
  7. LYS

LYS New Member

Hi, not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I just found practically the same teapot in an opshop (thrift store) in Melbourne, Australia and am dying to know more about it! Is it definitely Peranakan? Did anyone find out more about it since posting here three years ago?

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  8. pixieforpapa

pixieforpapa Member

Maybe when you post it you should use “sexy teapot” instead of “ugly teapot”? Or even better, “ugly sexy teapot” and post it in Erotica??

Draft saved Draft deleted