Featured I am a hoarder, I am a hoarder but hoarding can be fun..

Discussion in 'Tools' started by springfld.arsenal, Mar 7, 2017.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was wrong about how he came to have all the electrical parts. He bought all the spare parts that were in a closed Pfizer pharmaceutical production plant. The parts were there as spares to support the production machinery. There were an average of a dozen copies of each of various relays, micro switches, pneumatic actuators, etc, all very typical things used in assembly-line factories. In all there were about a half-ton of these parts, most new-in-box. The other half of the shelves contained machine-tooling such as very large drill bits and reamers, maybe 3/4 ton of it. It took me a few hours to get all the stuff on pallets and into truck and trailer.

scoutshouse and KingofThings like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Can you say Mother Lode? Yikes. You'll never have to buy another relay ever again. Or a drill bit!

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Is that an iron fence section I see?
    Can you use your hydraulic stairs to get to the top shelves?
    Is there any competition at the sale?
    It looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!! (and work, I know)

4. springfld.arsenal

Yes piece of iron fence, will check on that one. This sale has stretched out for many weeks, goes thru end of month. He has prices in mind for the machines, but for small items you make a pile and ask him "how much?" and he gives you a price, the bigger your pile, the lower the price per item. When I got there yesterday I asked the price for all the items on two of the grey shelf units (there are 9 units side by side) and he told me I could have the contents of all 9 for $300., and of course I agreed and got busy.

5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Wish the grocery market near me worked the same way.............................................

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Is that the shelving you're getting!!!

7. springfld.arsenal

Yes; also getting the pallet Racks, as soon as he empties them. The shelving should all fit on a Uhaul 6x12 trailer stacked high and strapped down, but the pallet Racks will need a more-costly-to-rent 17' trailer due to both length and weight.

8. evelyb30

Good grief. My dad did something similar in the late 60s. A hobby store closed down in New Jersey and he'd been friends with the owner for years. Dad spent weekends carting lock stock and barrel up here and putting it in the basement.(LOL) I STILL have some of the HO train kits sitting here.

9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Wow.
    That man-lift is a terror.

10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That provided me with quite a chuckle......belly deep! TY!
    :smug:

11. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I am not a hoarder.
    I am a purger.
    Usually I'm content to be one, but every now and then, something like this happens.
    A couple of years ago, I found a flat wooden circular plaque with a coolio rooster wood-burned into it. Probably a hobby piece MCM or earlier. Only a buck at a yard sale. Not well-done but rustically cute. Ithe was an impulse buy. The next day I gave it to my ol man's church's rummage sale.
    Today I decided to look for a round top to put over a giant rustic stoneware crock and use it as a little side table by a chair that needs a place to set drinks, etc.
    Yep, that plaque would have been perfect.
    CURSESZSZSZSZZSZSZS!!!!!

12. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

:)
    I'll take those away.
    :)

scoutshouse and Joshua Brown like this.
  13. springfld.arsenal

In process of hoard-ganizing:

Have ordered more of the used stackable storage containers to fill many of the empty shelves, since we certainly don't want our newly-acquired greasy and somewhat rusty junk to get any DUST on it, do we?

We have yet to re-erect the four sections of used pallet Racks we got recently. If I didn't already post a pic of them on the trailer I could do so.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Now THAT is just...
    PLEASING.
    I could totally nerd out making labels for you
    At work, im the label-maker. The different designers have.different taste... some love uniformity (printed in their chosen font)... others like hand-written magic marker. We recently re-vamped storage areas. Storage and labels are so important for designers' sense of preparation and control of their environment.
    I would like to do your labels in a basic industrial stencil, and tape them right onto the blue baskets.
    I will get a utilitarian slender library table for ypur logs and pencils, and instead of flowers, may I arrange some coolio hand tools in a big metal bucket?
    And we'll need a big pillar candle just right on the table. No holder No scent. Plain white.
    I'm leaning towards a hanging lamp. Super bright.
    Well play the classic industrial pop group KRAFTWERK in the background.
    When can I get started?

15. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

signed> GaleriaOCDGila
    ~
    ;)

scoutshouse, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  16. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

17. springfld.arsenal

Tomorrow morning would be just fine, Ms. G.G.! Impossible to refuse an offer like that!

18. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

As you know, I have an active fantasy life, so...
    I'll also bring a line of clothes for us all. you and me and your workers.
    It will be a mix-and-match industrial grey color of sweat pants/shirts and cargo-style trousers and polos... all the same silver-y flat grey. There will be a logo on the left breast of all tops. So we have a range of outfits for different functions and jobs.
    arsenalnapoli.jpg
    I am looking for a unisex fragrance... something soapy and fresh. We'll get it in cologne and candles!

Thank you for a really good belly laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. evelyb30

At least greasy and dusty junk doesn't attract rodents or other critters. It may even increase in value. Not likely, but you can dream right?

20. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I feel so much lighter about my own collecting habits - at least I can pick them up by hand and don't need a ginormous machine!

Draft saved Draft deleted