Featured Insect Illustrations

Discussion in 'Books' started by cxgirl, Jul 5, 2019.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

thanks....i needed to see that..!!!

2. komokwa

one good turn.......

upload_2019-7-5_16-22-17.jpeg

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Well I can really gross many of you out here with this story. A number of summers ago, it was so hot and I was walking around in my apt without socks on.

Anywho, I am getting ready for the day and suddenly I see a house centipede go running like the dickens out of my bedroom on the floor and then I lost him.

I walked into the hallway outside my bedroom and felt something under my bare foot. Yes, it was that disgusting creature. I was lucky I did not have a heart attack.
    My good fortune prevailed that day as it ran onto a spot on the wall (after I lifted up my foot) and I got em and he went to bug heaven.

I am sure they do a lot of good, but they need to set up in someone else's home or face the wrath of me.:mad:

4. komokwa

should I rehash the story of the tick burrowing into my thigh...???? Huh ??

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Gnarly, pearls!

6. sabre123

My brother had one 'dive' into his bath tub from a hole around the pipes...when he was in it. He said it splashed when it hit the water...right before he jumped to the ceiling.

7. pearlsnblume

Komo, I think we have all the info we need just knowing a tick burrowed into your thigh.
    Terrifying to hear. Nuff said.

If that bug fell into a tub with me, well let's just say I would be flying too.

8. komokwa

well, if you say so...............:eek::eek::eek:

9. sabre123

Come on, Komo. Show us the blood and guts!

10. komokwa

just watching it....feeling it ....as it burrowed deeper.......

think i'll leave the tale there for now....!:vomit:

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Okay I have a story even if you do not want to hear Komokwa's. We moved into our new old home in July. I was working in the basement and wifey had four new neighbors over for coffee. I was only wearing cut off jean shorts. All of a sudden a HUGE 5" long millipede run up my leg and into my shorts. At that point I started to scream and ripped my shorts and undies off, running up the basement stairs into the dining room where wife and friends were drinking coffee. As I fled through the house up to the shower, still screaming
    I ran into the bathroom and started the shower. At that point, my wife showed up and said When the women calmed down and said who the Hell was that. I explained it was my husband. It was the talk of the neighborhood for a week.
    greg

12. pearlsnblume

Greg, you have some of the best stories. Sorry that one scared the you know what out of you.

13. sabre123

14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Silverfish are anemic looking, like things that live in caves & very fragile. It does not take much to destroy one. The 'pedes have more of a carapace.

15. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

DH is ALWAYS trying to save spiders from under my FAST FOOT!!!!:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

ZZZZZZGonna pee ORIGINAL.jpg

17. pearlsnblume

@cxgirl sorry I got your thread all off track.

Christmasjoy, Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  18. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

portofolio given by Hoffmman-La Roche Basel to doctors etc. as gift. 1955 Swiss print.
    for cheaper prints there were German companies. you'd see the difference in the colors of the paintings when side by side - like day and night.

19. Some of those pictures Bug me :)

kyratango and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted