Inuit Dolls... Any Idea on Worth ?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Loveeverythingvintage, May 19, 2022.

1. 280432520_1195697711164419_5424492664516950421_n.jpg I have these two beautiful dolls , but wondering if anyone has any idea on worth or a back story on them ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2022
    bercrystal likes this.
  2. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

In general people on this site don't do valuations, since doing so can be fraught. People are quite generous with help identifying, though, and then you can search online for sold items to establish value.

Do you know for certain they're Inuit? Maybe a second or third picture, esp of unique details of construction and materials, will, as I've heard before, "help us to help you."

judy, bercrystal, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  3. Hi,
    I have searched online which brought me to this group, so was hoping someone might have an idea based on their own experiences

judy likes this.
  4. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

I've had some Inuit dolls before, but most of them were older, and made of spotted seal skin, and then sewn w sinew not thread, etc. That's why I thought additional pictures might help identify them.

Yours are nice. And are certainly hand made. But from the picture they look to be made of commercially available materials, which is key to dating them, which is key to valuing them.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

judy and Aquitaine like this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Bakersgma and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted