Featured Italian porcelain statue

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. Caribou's House

Caribou's House Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a Jeff Koons piece.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

johnnycb09 and Huntingtreasure like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Not yet,I will let yall know as soon as I do.

5. johnnycb09

6. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

I haven’t responded yet because I can’t offer a positive identification. I have my suspicions but I need to do more research and one of my critical reference books is missing.What I can tell you is that this figurine is a work of art. This piece was not made in a mold. It was not mass produced. It was made of terracotta clay and then painted, gilded and glazed. This process is true to the early works of the Batignani family. Very few ceramicists worked with terracotta. It does not lend itself to mass production techniques and cannot be used in conjunction with modern machinery.
    I don’t know if I can resolve the question of the signature but the piece is beautiful and worthy of being noticed.

antidiem, janettekay, judy and 5 others like this.
  7. johnnycb09

Walter,thank you so very much ! I was hoping you'd chime in,but then I felt like I was being pushy so I backed off. :) I have the highest regard for your opinion so I am thrilled you think its special too.

antidiem, janettekay, judy and 3 others like this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

this is a beautiful piece johnny, I hope Walter and/or the company have some great news for you:)

antidiem, judy and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted