Featured Large Heavy Porcelain Armorial (?) Plate w/ Birds, Insects & Deer - Japanese, Chinese or Persian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SYNCHRONCITY, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Sheltering in place is what I do most days anyway. I'm in Manhattan, the least affected borough. Thank goodness all this social distancing seems to be having the desired effect on the numbers. Thinking of going with a niqab, or perhaps a full burqa, as a way of life. Hope the Covid monster doesn't find you either.

Bakersgma, komokwa, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  2. SYNCHRONCITY

SYNCHRONCITY Well-Known Member

Thanks clutteredcloset49. It has been in the back room of my Etsy shop for a while. I don't want to activate the listing until I know 100% for sure what it is. I made a listing for it years ago really thinking it was a Persian plate and then deactivated the listing and kept it on vacation mode. Actually I sort of like it so much that I want to keep it. That happens with 90 percent of my antiques and collectibles, lol.

3. SYNCHRONCITY

I'm glad you are staying hunkered down and safe in NYC. Long Island is getting a lot of cases now. A lot of the people in my neighborhood are out and about as if nothing is wrong. It's crazy! The shelves in the grocery stores are barren. I can't wait for this all to be over....

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Ahh welcome to the club. You have definitely found the right board.:)

komokwa, kyratango, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  5. SYNCHRONCITY

I knew I liked you guys for a reason :kiss::joyful:

komokwa, kyratango, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

SYNCHRONCITY and Bronwen like this.
  7. SYNCHRONCITY

Thanks for the link. That is very interesting.

8. Grandpa D

Grandpa D New Member

I have a bowl with the same deer, design, pottery mark etc. I was told by another website the pottery mark on the bottom is the "Old Iranian Crest." I found this page researching it. Have you discovered it's origin?

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome Grandpa D. The person who created this thread has not been here since August.

The Old Iranian Crest suggestion you got elsewhere sounds like a generic name for the Iranian crest idea proposed in posts 11 and 12 of this thread.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    komokwa likes this.
  10. Grandpa D

Grandpa D New Member

Thank You!

11. Debbie B

Debbie B New Member

The stamp is a version of the Pahlavi dynasty 1925-1979 crest. I have a bowl with the same design and that emblem was driving me crazy for months![​IMG]

moreotherstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted