Looking for an engagement ring

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by samuelcaulfield1, Oct 24, 2019.

1. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Debora's suggestion to visit New York retailers sounds like a fun (and romantic) way to see some different styles.

You probably have a lot of great local designers, too. Maybe you can find one who gets your fiancé's style.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, of course. Lots of small ateliers. And shops that sell vintage & antique jewelry.

Debora

samuelcaulfield1 and scoutshouse like this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

You might look in a few pawn shops. Arm yourself with info about diamond quality and a loupe. Sometimes there are really nice stones to be found there. Once you have the diamond, you can replace the setting.

4. scoutshouse

Take her to the most romantic restaurant you can think of for lunch and head out to Barney's.

Or Tiffany's :woot:

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Why not take this pic to a jeweller and have him/her make one like it with the stone you want? That's what I would do, but there are lots of very capable jewellers in my city ...no doubt NYC would have a few too!!!!:jawdrop:

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

yes, you can get ripped off there pretty good!

samuelcaulfield1 likes this.
  7. scoutshouse

For research! Not retail :)

Who said anything about buying?

My old boyfriend proposed to take me jewelry shopping for Christmas, but when he asked me if it would be fun(?!), I started thinking it probably wouldn't be.

So we found a local studio jeweler and commissioned these... He really enjoyed that, and so did I <3

20191025_105246_1572026104487.jpg

judy, komokwa, Bakersgma and 5 others like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Suffragette earrings! Rockin'! I'd say a real jeweler might be the way to go - or a real goldsmith.

9. samuelcaulfield1

samuelcaulfield1 Well-Known Member

Yep they look cool for sure. Thanks :pompous:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Love the earrings and the ring Deborah posted. I pick up my diamonds second-hand. It's not like they are cars, they just appreciate. I would try various antique malls and shows. They don't just have vintage pieces, they often have newer items. I don't mind shopping on ebay, either. And try Rubylane. but make sure the sellers have a return policy. You could size the back of a ring with minimal disruption to the pattern, and some very good jewelers could duplicate the pattern. There are quite a few fine custom jewelry designers on Etsy, too.

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Gump's San Francisco just relaunched and their web site features a new (to me) jewelry designer who might have something of interested. Adele Chefridl. Here's the ring selection off her web site.

https://www.chefridi.com/search?q=ring&type=product

Here's an example of her work.

Debora

mr107-1_600x.jpg

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I took a look. Pretty stuff!

13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very nice, I like the historic look, and she also has those circular designs.

Draft saved Draft deleted