Featured My latest addition to my antique earring collection

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Kasemi, Nov 26, 2022.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Many ( not all) of the jewelry aficionados I've picked next to in the last 40 years have been fairly focused (intense perhaps) people.Not ruder than other dealers-but with a lasered technique,like Coin,Stamp & Watch folks.
    I have seen some get pretty heated with each other,I just step back.

2. Kasemi

Kasemi Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the sellers who don't know what they are selling. My favorite :) every once in a while I get lucky. Then you have the ones who do indeed know what they are selling, sometimes for 3x the value :hilarious: and you are like :sour:

PepperAnna, IvaPan, KSW and 3 others like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

As one of my friends used to say: God bless their little cotton socks.:playful:

4. bosko69

I'm happy when I rob from a Pro,and most ecstatic when said 'Pro' is an arrogant know-it-all who 9 times out of 10 is overpriced.Many of the dealers with the stuff I want could care less if they sell anything.I always wondered if they'd married a Neurosurgeon or had inherited some of the Getty Trust.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  5. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Woohoooo! Gooooood!!!!!

Any Jewelry, PepperAnna and KSW like this.
  6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Any Jewelry, PepperAnna and KSW like this.
  7. bosko69

We don't get many 'grouse foot brooches' over here in Oregon,maybe a rabbit's foot or two-not many with a gold sleeve.About as common here as an Anglo Saxon Helm in Granny's privy.

PepperAnna, kyratango and KSW like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Here you go. A Scottish grouse foot.
    Mine is very unusual as most are silver. Dated by the good folks on here to 1880 or a bit earlier. Bought to sell but it still seems to be in my hoard!!
    7707636B-A13F-4B6C-9ECE-ED9CF6F82AEB.jpeg 46300AB3-57F4-4453-B73D-9F27EDB1DD40.jpeg

9. bosko69

Well you can't grouse about a foot like that when you only paid a tenner mate-bob's yer uncle old chap!
    Quite attractive really.

PepperAnna and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted