Need more Info on my items Please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by DianeS from Canada, Sep 9, 2018.

1. here are my items I need to find out more info. The doll is D&C and I found one close to her resemblance but my doll is 21”. The name they have for the 14” one is Baby Sue Drink & Wet

The rocking horse I got when my beautiful sister Debbie passed away on Valentines Day. She had a great adoration for horses her apt was top to bottom covered with pictures ornaments and statues of every kind of horse and huge stuffed animals of horses.

I just hope to find more info of designer or company and the estimate of years these were made.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Joshua Brown and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Hi, DianeS
    Where are your images?

3. I was still working on how to load them sorry they are there now

Joshua Brown and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

DianeS - Hi!

I don't know much about dolls or carnival glass, but you'll find lots of examples of Dee and Cee dolls on eBay, I'm sure... Lots of peeps on here know glass and can identify those pieces easily.

As a primitive, the horse is not super rare - likely mass produced - but sweet.

dollsdollsdolls
    ^^^
    Dee and Cee

Dee and Cee operated from 1938 to 1964. Most of their products were made under license from US companies such as Horsman and American Character. The name ceased to be used after they were sold to Mattel. The name comes from the initials of the two founders. Max Diamond and Morris Cone. I have one doll marked Dee an Cee. I can see from her swing tag that she was bought for $12 probably from an op shop.

[​IMG]
    A doll by Dee an Cee
    Reader Donna from London, Ontario who is selling dolls from her mother’s collection sent me a link. She has done some research and thought the information might be helpful to others. Here is what she has written about Dee and Cee dolls. Amongst The dolls Donna is selling is a very cute Pollyanna circa 1960. Here is a link.

Dee and Cee manufactured dolls in Toronto, Ontario from 1938 – 1962. They were acquired by Mattel in 1962 and dolls bearing the Dee and Cee marque were produced by Mattel until 1964.

Dee an Cee was the first Canadian Toy Company to advertise on television! Their motto was “Quality Above All”. Dee Cee acquired the rights to produce the Canadian versions of American Character Dolls.

Dee and Cee marked their dolls in many ways with some marks including “Made in Canada” and some without that designation. However all marques included the company name in some form or other. Known variations on the name include: Dee and Cee, Dee an Cee, D&C, Dee & Cee, Dee Cee, DC, Deeancee.

sabre123, judy, Any Jewelry and 5 others like this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

sabre123, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I've sold that Dee Cee doll before!!! :shame:
    Yours is in better shape with prettier hair :happy:

judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The Carnival glass pieces are 1950s and 1960s iridescence glass NOT carnival glass. The vase is Iris and Herringbone by Jeannette and the blue bowl is (sorry my mind drew blank).
    greg

judy likes this.
  8. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

The blue carnival compote is Indiana glass and the pattern is teardrop.

gregsglass and judy like this.
  9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

As Greg said above, that piece is iridescent glass and not considered Carnival :)

gregsglass and judy like this.
  10. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

I'm not a purist. I'll call a US cent a penny all day long, lol. I even call uranium glass vaseline sometimes. The nerve huh? If the company that produced it calls it carnival glass then that's enough for me. Just because it wasn't made in the 1920's doesn't make it "not" carnival glass, just makes it late carnival.
    BTW- The compote is from the 1970's, not the 1950's or 60's.

cxgirl and scoutshouse like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted