Featured Nice haul!Bit clueless on some~Ruskin type box but plastic?!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by BoudiccaJones, Jun 24, 2019.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Selfishly, Mr. Bou is at work :eek: and I have to fend for meself .

Not on is it? I don't do cooking either, I subsist on guess what? The good ole Cadbury and raw peas for variety.
    Have as you see added profileroles to my list and may go there again, s'been fun but I may just do as you suggested AJ and have a nappppp xxx

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

What LOVELY pics of your Grandfathers .. so handsome and strong !! .. Canada IS very beautiful Bou, but part of my heart is always in England .. I even remember the names of all the streets where I lived. My memories of the war years are very fleeting as I was born smackdad in the middle of it ... but I do remember the blackout curtains as we still had them up for some time after it was over. My father and some uncles built a dugout shelter in our back garden .. it was basically a deep hole with steps leading down .. a bomb would have blown it to bits and everyone in it .. after the war it was partially filled in and then made into a lovely goldfish pond. When I left my beloved England the huge dugout shelter that was built on the school grounds was still there .. this was in 1957, there was still shelters dotted all over the place. I love Canada but England always pulls at my heartstrings, I will return and soon I hope. If you find any Dolly Mixture Bou I will gladly pay for them AND the shipping cost .. my mouth waters just thinking of them .. memories are flooding my mind right now and will rest with a cuppa Cha .. Love Joy. :)

BoudiccaJones and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Oh, I'll ship dolly mixtures and other sweeties. ;)

My grandparents had the remains of a shelter in the back garden. I go past the house often: the roses my dad planted in 1949 are still there, dunno about the shelter mounds.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  5. Christmasjoy

Lovely that the roses are still there OBB .. Joy. :) :) :)

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The best thing about dolly mixtures are jelly tots. Yum.

BoudiccaJones and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Christmasjoy

I just LOVED the original Dolly Mixture ... ALL of it :) :) Joy.

8. Christmasjoy

I mean the ENGLISH Dolly Mixture !! .. Sheesh, my mouth is watering .. Joy ..

9. BoudiccaJones

JELLY TOTS!!! I LOVE JELLY TOTS PASSIONATELY

FEAST YOUR EYES FRIENDS
    [​IMG]

AND AND AND RAINBOW DROPS
    [​IMG]

Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  10. Christmasjoy

OMG ... STOP !!! ... Joy. :)

BoudiccaJones and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. BoudiccaJones

Not sure if you saw the above disgraceful admission, Joy but I feasted on some profiteroles that Mr. Bou kindly provided and they had alcohol in em :eek: which I didn't discover until after the event . Made me a little woozy and I have just discovered some in my fridge so am going to snaffle them now xxx

Any Jewelry likes this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Mr. Bou is driving you to drink, so sad.:bigtears::hilarious:
    Enjoy!:)

13. Christmasjoy

14. BoudiccaJones

I KNEW WAS HIS FAULT...I can't understand how I haven't driven HIM to drink though or worse :O I am sure I am trying on the ole nerves at times...:eek:
    Having raptures/hysterics about relics in peoples gardens for a start

Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted