Noritake Emerald and gold dinner plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JP Canada, May 11, 2021.

1. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Hello! I’m a first time poster here - this forum was suggested by an antique dealer who is helping me identify a number of plates from my great grandparents collection. All I know about this piece is that the mark dates it between 1911 and 1921. It’s is emerald and gold encrusted. I have had no luck identifying the pattern/year or related value.

Attached Files:

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  3. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Thank you @Hamburger and to everyone else for their patience. I will get the hang of this yet! I will look at that reply again.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This is a good site for information on Japanese marks. It would appear that the date would likely be later than you've suggested as it's marked Japan rather than Nippon however I have no personal knowledge.

https://www.gotheborg.com/marks/noritake.shtml

The other thing I did want to mention is that the Noritake mark has been heavily faked so while I have no idea if that might apply to your piece it is something to be aware of.

There are a number of sites with info such as this one.
    http://www.noritakecollectorsguild.info/bstamps/

5. JP Canada

JP Canada Member

Thank you! I will look into that. I am all too familiar of the world of fakes thanks to my stamp collecting.

Draft saved Draft deleted