Featured Not the Greatest, but Something I've Never Seen Before . . . Have You?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Aug 11, 2019.

1. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Ola! And guess where my friend's refrigerator was from? The one rooted to the parking lot.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Ummm, Best Buy maybe? I thought that story was sooo funny! Like watching somebody slip and fall on ice type of funny. From a window in a building where they can't hear you laughing.

pearlsnblume and silverthwait like this.
  3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Best Buy?! Never Again!!!! They tried to sell me a television that could only work with an extra part. To the tune of $45.00!!!

I argued that buying a telly that didn't work was senseless, but the salesperson yattered on and on til I finally asked for the manager. (In my Duchess Voice - guaranteed to spark fear and trembling into raucous neighbors, nasty salespersons, and rude teachers!)

:) Got the whole business for the price of the telly.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Oh, Pam, I sure hope so, too! What I think of mine cannot be repeated in polite company!

I can completely and totally sympathize, empathize and everything-else-athize with what you've been going through with the fridge problems - the cost, the waste, the frustration - you name it.

I got a "simple", "fewer frills" fridge, because it's just DH & me, and we don't need the kind we had when 10-12 teenagers were opening & closing the fridge 500 times a day. I got a normal-sized (as opposed to over-sized) one, with an icemaker, but no other "special" doo-dads.

Hah! THAT didn't make a darned bit of difference.

When I asked the repairman (same one, three times) WHY a newer fridge would fizzle out like that, he actually said, "Well, it HAS been awfully hot outside." Huh? What does THAT have to do with the price of fish, eh?

Anyway, I sure do wish you lots of luck with yours. Oh - and DO get a fridge thermometer! You just never know, and better safe than sorry...

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I really don't think it is the brands so much as it is the person(s) who put that particular one together. Maybe it was made on a Friday & they were rushing things to get out of work for the weekend or it was a Monday & they partied just a little too much over the weekend so they were still just a little hungover.

I do agree that they should definitely last longer than they do. The Kenmore/Whirlpool we have out in the garage is aound 18 years old & still running great.

The GE we got 6 years ago when we built the house has already had a part replaced.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

May I interject that I use Consumers Report for all my appliance decisions (and everything else they review). They have a reliability rating, as well as, their analysis and testing. I have purchased only one item that hasn't lasted forever based on selecting from their ratings. This includes items purchased in the last 10 years. The annual cost is low, and they have a searchable website. Just a thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted