Featured Please help me identify what this is, age and who made it?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by janmar, Sep 5, 2016.

1. janmar

janmar Member

Wow that is good news! Thank you for that info. I had an appraisal schedule for Tuesday at 1pm but the lady that makes the appointments for the appraiser called me and told me the appraiser isn't available that late in the afternoon so I may not be able to get an appraisal for a week or 2. I will definitely keep you all posted. Thanks

2. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Good luck !

janmar likes this.
  3. janmar

janmar Member

Wow I never knew that they scratched codes on old jewelry. I only discovered it when I purchased the jewelers loop and took those photos. Maybe I will look over the piece to see if there are more codes. Thank you for the compliment that means a lot to me coming from a knowledgable person like yourself and the others on this site too.

yourturntoloveit and komokwa like this.
  4. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Sweet piece, I love it.

yourturntoloveit and janmar like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Can I come over and watch ?? :happy::happy::hilarious:

janmar likes this.
  6. janmar

janmar Member

Thank you much I will keep that in mind, my only fear is of the mail carriers loosing my package then all is lost. Lol that would be my luck. Thanks for your kindness!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  7. janmar

janmar Member

Thank you:)

8. janmar

janmar Member

Lol:)

9. komokwa

I doubt there's any more than one member here who would turn that pendant away.:banghead:

I'd love for you to keep it, & maybe make it your new family heirloom !!:happy::happy::happy:

But if you look to sell it......let us know in advance !!;)

janmar likes this.
  10. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Sure Koko, testing jewelry is fun !
    Janmar, I can understand your hesitation and you shouldn't have a problem finding someone to test it. Do you have any estate jewelers in your area, someplace you can walk into off the street who mainly deals with estate and antique jewelry ?

janmar and yourturntoloveit like this.
  11. janmar

janmar Member

I surly will. That's a clever idea, my son thinks it looks cool! Kids got to love them.

12. janmar

janmar Member

I found two, my husband said we may take a ride downtown this weekend and see if they would view it. The people on this site are so nice, I really appreciate that.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  13. komokwa

Pls remember that no one here says it's worth & 10,000......those are not diamonds and emeralds .......but.....we're almost all pulling for you !!! :):):)

janmar likes this.
  14. janmar

janmar Member

That's very kind :)

15. janmar

janmar Member

I guess I could hope that the maker of this piece is some sort of piccoso like person and this is the only one of their works left in existence, oh yeah I can stop daydreaming now lol :)

komokwa likes this.
  16. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I had not seen the "8" and "95". Had to scroll back through to find them.

Get your loupe out again. Am I imagining a mark here?
    upload_2016-9-7_18-10-29.png

17. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Maybe a crab inside the right triangle circle with what looks like an 8 to the left?
    upload_2016-9-7_18-12-54.png

18. janmar

janmar Member

image.jpeg I flipped it upside down it was easier to see. There are number all over this. I will take it outside again tomorrow to get better photos,it seem I get the most detail in the natural light. Here is a photo its hard to see the numbers, maybe 3258? This has many layers of discovery, we may all receive our detective cedentials after this :)
    Good eyes!

19. janmar

janmar Member

image.jpeg It looks like 3258? and thats at the bottom of the pendant.

20. janmar

janmar Member

I looked that up and it said 3258 represents 18k solid gold is this right??

Draft saved Draft deleted