Featured Potties ,a little help with these cups and saucers ? Pic heavy!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, May 8, 2021.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thanks again everyone,Im sure learning a lot about Old Paris porcelain !

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. ValerieK

ValerieK Well-Known Member

I hope you find out the maker, and they were certainly worth buying! I have a couple of damaged little cups with similar scenes, also not top class painting, which I had always assumed were English - I live in the UK. Of course identifying where the scene is doesn't necessarily point you to the country of origin, the English made many items with Italian landscapes as well as oriental, Indian etc, they found Italian scenes very appealing! The wide bands of bright gilding may be a clue, they are very distinctive.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

At 50 cents each I feel pretty okay with my outlay . :) I spent hours last night trying to figure it out. The most I could come up with is I dont think they are French ,LOL!

i need help likes this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think they have been using “Old Paris” as more of in the style of, but that is misleading and confusing. That’s just my guess.

Fid likes this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I wonder a bit if it's not a series with old water reservoirs, because I see water passing by. one is even a water-driven mill with an inside wheel where the river passes underneath the machine room.

johnnycb09, Figtree3 and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted