Featured Purchased on the side of the road in 1950’s

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Savannah 1954, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Savannah 1954

Savannah 1954 Active Member

Thanks for the info on the “wee man”. He was purchased in Europe along with the other items. I just didn’t know what to call him to search. Thank you! If you ever recollect the culture, I would LOVE to know.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

If I find my brain, I'll happily tell you. ;) Do you know where in Europe they went?

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Along one railroad route or other, most likely. :cigar::cigar::cigar: My mom brought back souvenirs from a trip to Israel in the late 50s, including a tear bottle and lamp just like those. They may make fakes/replicas now, but back then there were scads of the real thing.

Savannah 1954 likes this.
  4. Savannah 1954

Thank you for the update Evelyb. That is very likely as my parent traveled quite a bit along the railroad lines in England. They also had a car and my father drove. But if they left England they more than likely used the rail lines.

I wish my Dad was around so I could ask him.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I've got a few well placed questions for my late father as well !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Any Jewelry and Savannah 1954 like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

OTOH my late dad never had a secret in his life. He didn't talk about some things, but would if you asked him.

7. Savannah 1954

I spent a good portion of the day researching anything I could find out about my little mud man. I found a very interesting article that might explain the holes in little terra cotta mans head.

Sorry about the terrible picture..... am I going crazy?

5865B66B-6C37-4222-9EAB-64AAE610F645.jpeg

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Were you thinking of the Vinča culture, in present day Serbia, Bulgaria and Rumania?

Draft saved Draft deleted