PV Italy? Help settle a disagreement

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dx2, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Dx2

Dx2 New Member

Hi all!
    I need your help settling a little light hearted dispute with my son please. I picked up this awesome horse today and, of course, my son thinks I overpaid. I don't think it's going to make me rich but I think it's worth more than I paid.
    I can't find much info, doesn't look like the company made many animals. And I don't know a thing about pottery. Any info on the piece or the company along with the value would be great! Proving him wrong would be great too oh any guesses on how much I paid?
    20210307_161425.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

TraceyB likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i find it kind of Tang looking in it's style and pose.......but clearly not Chinese..

blooey, patd8643, Dx2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Dx2

Dx2 New Member

I really couldn't find anything similar when I was trying to research it. Even the way its marked seems unique. Most of them were marked on top of the pottery, not into it. Does this mean it's a fake? Doesnt seem like a company that would have a bunch of fakes floating around but I'm clueless when it comes to pottery.

TraceyB likes this.
  4. Dx2

Dx2 New Member

Also, I can take more pictures if needed. I just snapped these real quick.

TraceyB likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Can you read the number?

Dx2 and TraceyB like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

7. Dx2

Dx2 New Member

ineedhelp- Looks like 7388, the first number is harder to read
    cxgirl- thank you!

I tried to take the best pics that I could. I haven't tried to clean him up yet. I thought that most of the "distressing", for lack of a better term, was supposed to be there but definitely not all of it. It looks like its just something on him, hopefully it comes off. If not that's ok too lol
    My cat really likes whatever is on him :D
    horse1.jpg horse2.jpg horse3.jpg horse4.jpg horse5.jpg horse6.jpg horse7.jpg

TraceyB, SBSVC and i need help like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

as my cat used to say...." everything must to be sniffed !! "

TraceyB, Dx2 and i need help like this.
  9. Dx2

Dx2 New Member

She was all over him! Lol

TraceyB and komokwa like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd ask about this on the Bitossi Facebook page, there are some excellent Italian pottery people there. Not that we're not excellent, but they know obscure stuff.

TraceyB, i need help and Dx2 like this.
  11. Dx2

Dx2 New Member

Thank you!!
    Any guesses?

TraceyB likes this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It doesn't ring a bell, let's see what they say.

Draft saved Draft deleted