Rockingham wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by LizzieJ, May 27, 2018.

1. LizzieJ

LizzieJ New Member

Hi
    I’m new here so wondered if anyone could help! I’m in the Uk and looking to buy some Rockingham China for my mother in law’s 70th next weekend.

I have no idea where to start so if anybody could let me know of any suppliers I’d be really grateful.
    Many Thanks
    Lizzie

rhiwfield likes this.
  2. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

Lizzie, do you mean 19th c Rockingham porcelain or Paragon Rockingham pattern?

The latter would be easier to source but the former is very collectable.

3. LizzieJ

LizzieJ New Member

Hi and thanks for the response. Sorry I didn’t make it clear - it’s the 19thc porcelain I’m looking for
    Thanks

rhiwfield likes this.
  4. rhiwfield

Hi Lizzie, as mentioned this is highly collectable with prices to match.

Our last two items, both damaged, sold quickly and we do not have any more for sale.

Looking at online listings I see some sellers using Rockingham style/possibly Rockingham which is not encouraging unless you have in depth expertise.

This may be a case of exploring local antiques malls or searching online from reputable sellers.

Happy hunting, Steve

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

BUT, WELCOME to the Forum, @LizzieJ !!! Happy to have you here!!!:):):)

rhiwfield likes this.
  6. rhiwfield

Just a quick follow up.

Hannams have two Rockingham duos for their 30/5 auction, bidding via Saleroom. May be worth a look if in travelling distance.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A lot of us are in the United States or elsewhere not in the UK, so while we might find it the items won't do you much good. But welcome anyway! Rockingham in the US generally means 1840s-ish pottery made in Bennington, VT. That is also highly collectible, but I doubt it's what you'd want.

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Whereabouts in the UK will you be? I'm UK based, might be able to help.

Draft saved Draft deleted