Featured Royal Vienna A. B. K. red stamped platter pottery dish Help ID maker

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

reopened for discussion the debate continues

2. Mugzinnys

Quote Allen Marcus[​IMG]A marked hidden image piece is almost unheard of. The “AKB Royal Vienna “ Mark is found mostly in the United Kingdom , unless brought to the US by Collectors. AKB - Arnold (?) Kronach of Bavaria. (I’m uncertain about the first name. I need to look it up in the Capers book).

judy, clutteredcloset49 and dgbjwc like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Did you show him pictures of the trays? I'd like to know what he thought of the mold discrepancies. In some ways these discrepancies can be more telling than the mark.
    Don

judy likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I couldn't access the link you posted Mugzi. What group was it?

judy likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

6. Mugzinnys

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mugzinnys. I belong to a different RS Prussia Facebook group. I had no idea there were competing groups. I have asked to join.
    Don

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I do apologize to all. I see from Allen Marcus and David Mullins' comments that these are reproductions. The link Mugzinnys posted will lead you to the discussion. I really wanted these to be real.
    Don

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted