Featured Russian numbered plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Penny Sheppard, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Penny Sheppard

Penny Sheppard Active Member

Thank you!

Mill Cove Treasures and SBSVC like this.
  2. Penny Sheppard

Mill Cove Treasures and SBSVC like this.
  3. Penny Sheppard

I see that all of my individual replies are showing up out of sequence.

4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I'd be a little skeptical of this New York dealer's site too - they seem to be experts in everything (according to themselves) - they don't have the goods illustrated, just mighty-fine pics on a "home made" website :wideyed: Looks to me like the photographs are all scans from Christie's/Sotheby's etc auction catalogues.

They are just fishing for goodies to buy IMHO ...

5. Penny Sheppard

I’ve gone ahead and filled out the free appraisal form. I’ll post the outcome once I find out. I appreciate each of you assisting me. It is greatly appreciated!

Figtree3, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  6. Penny Sheppard

Blooey I gather then whatever price they quote me I will know it’s worth more.

7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Blooey, that was sort of my thought, too, but what the heck - it probably doesn't hurt to ask!

judy, Mill Cove Treasures and blooey like this.
  8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Let's just hope they don't ask us here how much it's worth:D:D:D:hilarious:

judy, Bakersgma, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

:eek::eek::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Mill Cove Treasures, SBSVC and blooey like this.
  10. Penny Sheppard

:shame:Tell them minimum of a $1k

Any Jewelry, blooey and SBSVC like this.
  11. Penny Sheppard

12. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

13. Penny Sheppard

Thank you! So interesting!

14. Penny Sheppard

I responded to the email from AntiqForum. I’m looking forward to reading his reply.

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  15. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

There was an antique shop of Fifth Avenue that we would stop in every year. Outrageous prices but incredible inventory that was worth gawking at. The last time I was there, they had a moving sale going because they lost their lease and were moving to a new location. Even the moving sales prices were outrageous. The person we spoke to said they had a huge warehouse where they stored things they purchased from around the country. I think they were one of those companies that advertises free appraisal days at different hotels. I wouldn't be surprised if this was their website.

judy and blooey like this.
  16. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

OK! Seems like my doubts were unfounded ...hopefully it is a piece from 1900!:bag::sorry::muted:

judy, Mill Cove Treasures and komokwa like this.
  17. Penny Sheppard

Mill Cove Treasures... I think I could assist one of you knowledgeable folks back. I’m originally from NY and almost all of the “Going out of business do to lost lease” is one big scam! Living there we’d see the same stores year after year with the same signs up... complete trap. Ya have to laugh at it though!

judy likes this.
  18. Penny Sheppard

Just heard back- he’s avoiding the question about the value of my particular piece so I obviously pointed that out. He’s describing the handles Ie - bear vs horse vs plain with the value of just the plane. I do not know if you are all interested in the full info that I received. It’s not long, just do not want to bore anybody.

Mill Cove Treasures, judy and SBSVC like this.
  19. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Penny, I know that I, for one, will not be bored! Let's see what he has to say!

20. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Yep yep yep pretty please!

judy and Mill Cove Treasures like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted