Featured Share your vintage postcards here!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Jan 2, 2017.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I found this in a clearance last week.

Why oh why did anyone think this was an interesting subject to send on a postcard is beyond me.

Its the early 70's ,Northern Ireland during the troubles, I was there and it certainly wasn't enjoyable.

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Quite the image.

daveydempsey likes this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I like postcards like this, makes you wonder what is going on.

Zinnie likes this.
  4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Hey soldier, wanna good time?

cxgirl likes this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol Terry:)

6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

A few vintage motel postcards

postcard motel 1.jpg postcard motel 2.jpg postcard motel 3.jpg postcard motel 4.jpg postcard motel 5.jpg

7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Joe2007 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Acquired 40 vintage postcards today at the coin & stamp show.
    postcard Illinois 5 downtown building.jpg postcard Illinois 4 sanatorium.jpg postcard Illinois 2 courthouse.jpg postcard Illinois 1 church.jpg postcard Illinois 3 church.jpg

9. KosmoCramer

KosmoCramer Active Member

Picked this up a couple of months ago. Postmarked 1917. The letter appears to be from a soldier to his mother. Too bad some of the text is ripped off. D58CF1ED-538D-45BF-8236-CB461AB45C7E.jpeg 10B7CAD7-5401-4B51-9BFB-B593C77D0A55.jpeg

10. KosmoCramer

KosmoCramer Active Member

With the Post Card I just posted, can anyone tell what it says at the bottom right before “First Degree” - and also if you can make out the name

11. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

I wonder if it says "News the First Degree" -- perhaps a different way of saying "firsthand" back then.

KosmoCramer likes this.
  12. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

They are not really vintage, but very important for me as they come from the person which educate me with my mother until I was 16 years old, I inheritate from her a lot of material and spiritual things, she was leaving during the end of the czars era and was an active feminist(suffragette), it's the first time I put them on the web, they were just used by a student for her thesis(?) about Swiss people working outside the country in the 19th, some are original drawings, the boat is a colorized one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

circus guy?
    skinny man circus?? copy.jpg

Joe2007 likes this.
  14. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

Yes, rubber man if I make the good translation?

15. Phaik Hooi

looked it up :wideyed::nailbiting:

16. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I think more likely a "thin man" -- though not one I could find quickly.

17. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not circus. Side show or freak show.

Debora

Lecollectionneur and Jivvy like this.
  18. Phaik Hooi

yes what i got when i looked it up :(:drowning:

19. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Spent an hour or so last night looking through all of yours here - I wasn't 'on' though but I definitely Like them all!! :) And I have some to add. Here are the old 'linen' ones. jackbennyhouse-850w.jpg LorettaYounghouse-850w.jpg LongBeachCA-pcard-850w.jpg LAParkway-pcard-850w.jpg denver-pcard-front-850s.jpg denver-back-850w.jpg happybirthday-pcard-850h.jpg
    Most don't have writing on the back, or minimal, but if you want to see, let me know as I scanned those also. Denver's card was a good exception. Looks like Sid was going cross country! It was his 'ears' I think, bothering him. ;)

Joe2007 and Bakersgma like this.
  20. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

And here are the others I thought you might like to see. I'm not sure about posting the Jackalope, as that "myth" actually comes from an anomaly that rabbits get - small bumps on their foreheads. I've seen this on rabbits that run around the neighborhood here jackalope-850w.jpg palos-verdes-pcard-850w.jpg circus-pcard-front-850w.jpg circus-back-850w.jpg and often find little ones that didn't make it. I don't know what causes it, if it's mostly fatal or not. :( Anyway, nobody else posted a Jackalope, so I guess it's up to me? :rolleyes:;)

Draft saved Draft deleted