Featured Share your vintage postcards here!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

I found one more that I'd moved from where I thought it was, where I couldn't see it often, to where I don't see it any more frequently, obviously. Even so, it's my absolute favorite of all postcards. Has anyone here seen these wonderful rocks for real? From research, they don't appear to be very tall or can you stand under the "shelter" in back? Plouharnel-Rocks-pcard-frnt_850w.jpg lrg-rks-frnc-clr-bk-850w.jpg

2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Love the circus postcard! Probably 1950/60's era.

Zinnie likes this.
  3. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

A few new cards added to the stash!

postcard youngstown federal street.jpg postcard cincinnati government square.jpg

Christmasjoy, Zinnie, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Since it is almost Valentine's Day ...
    DSCF5638.jpg DSCF5639.jpg DSCF5640.jpg DSCF5641.jpg DSCF5643.jpg DSCF5644.jpg

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Those are very sweet, cxgirl!

7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks bakers, I'm a sucker for stuff like this:)

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Great Valentines, Cx!

I still recall passing on a package of vintage (possibly antique) valentines at an estate sale --maybe 8 years ago. Non-buyers remorse. They were marked "$10" and I just thought, ahh, pass. The very next person picked them up.

Live and learn.

9. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Love the vintage valentines.

I was invited to a local postcard club and my 1st meeting in attendance was today. Got some great cards and the experience definitely changed my perspective on collecting. Saw a lot neat stuff and was in awe of the amount of cards out there on any number of subjects.

A few new purchases ….

postcard DSC02474 edited.jpg postcard DSC02510 edited.jpg postcard DSC02548 edited.jpg

10. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Hey @Joe2007 - thought you might like to see this one especially, that I found in with my letters sent from family. PO marked 1987 but writer said he bought in an antique shop. It isn't 'fuzzy' - it's 3D!! Made in Japan. Have you seen many of these in your quest for cards? 3D-postcard-frnt_850h.jpg 3D-postcard-back_850h.jpg

11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I believe those 3-D cards are called lenticular.

Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and Zinnie like this.
  12. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Really? Like the cloud?? That's cool. Thanks! I'll look it up. :)

13. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Christmasjoy and Zinnie like this.
  14. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

You'd think I'd have noticed! :D Now I know. Thanks for your reply. :)

I looked these up (which I didn't do first - points off for me!) and ebay has a fair selection. Tall ships and space ships called to me especially. ;)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  15. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I don't know who "Tim" is but he seems to have a good sense of humor! This postcard was sent in 1964 to my grandparents at their little grocery shop. Love the googly eyes on the card. The cancellation is also interesting: "HAVE YOU TAKEN OUT YOUR LICENSE FOR RADIO-TV?".
    (They owned another "Boyd's" shop in Middlesex at a different time. I have photos of both shops but don't know which location is which!)

googlyeyes1.jpg googlyeyes2.jpg boydsstore1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  16. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Postcards always seem to find me!

postcard ft wayne ind knitting mill.jpg postcard grand rapids mich monroe 1.jpg postcard grand rapids mich monroe 2.jpg

17. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

More postcards. Love the early transport cards. postcard nations choice bryan and kern politcal postcard.jpg postcard pittsburgh pa nixon theatre.jpg postcard middletown ohio rapid transport horse 2.jpg postcard middletown ohio rapid transport horse 1.jpg postcard cincinnati oh city hall.jpg

18. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

19. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

I like the ones that illustrate the twisted Edwardian sense of humour. 5425434_orig.jpg

20. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted