Featured Share your vintage postcards here!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Unfortunately, the back doesn't provide much in the way of clues. Just that it is an AZO real photo and was produced between 1904 and 1918.
    DSC07609.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think a 14-year window is helpful. And probably earlier in the period given the presence of some many draft-aged men. So perhaps a 10-year window.

Debora

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    Darkwing Manor, Born2it and Joe2007 like this.
  3. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

Ooo, good point!

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  4. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Fagin and the Boys?

Born2it likes this.
  5. Jon L

Jon L Well-Known Member

In one of my all time best garage sale finds, I bought a postcard album containing 61 cards, 1907-1910, for $10. Here's a sample...however there were several that were very racist that I won't post here.
    PC-001.jpg

6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Looks like some nice cards! That Christmas card with the little girl phoning Santa is an Ellen Clapsaddle card who is a desirable artist that designed a lot of postcards.

7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I recently picked up a few Halloween cards from an estate auction. No bargains, had to pay up but they are really cool. The below card is also an Ellen Clapsaddle signed card.

Halloween Postcard 2022.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted