Featured Silver haul for the weekend.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by J Dagger, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

If I sell to someone locally I meet them at a coffee shop if it’s something portable. If it’s not I make sure all doors are locked and they come to the garage, also that DH is home, he’s 73 but at 6’ and 190 pounds he would make most people think twice!

When I’ve been on a house call I have never had a problem. If the seller is an older, single woman I ask if she would like to pick a time when a family member or friend can be there also. It concerns me that I get these nice older women calling to have me look at their jewelry etc. when no one is there in their corner! Hopefully it makes them think about it when they call the next dealer.

I was at a house call about four years ago, nice woman in her 50s, had some interesting things. At one point she went out in the yard to talk to a neighbor. On the table she left a pile of cash! And a couple of years later I was shifting through five generations of jewelry, costume through gold and diamonds. The owners, a couple, went out to do errands leaving me there alone. Good thing for both sellers I am honest!

Guess I am rambling, I just wanted to say, so far, it has all worked well for me. I think I am lucky :)

J Dagger likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It does happen. One dealer was known to leave me guarding her table, including the cash, when she needed a bathroom break. It was a good thing for her I have an even bigger allergy to thieves than she did. :)

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted