Featured Silver poison ring? Please help identifying he mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Simona Buhus, Mar 31, 2022.

1. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

@Any Jewelry, Any, something I do know you will love :) :kiss:
    Bulgarian silver filigree pafti recently sold at a local auction, apparently belonging to someone from the Bulgarian royal family. I truly enjoyed looking at it but price was "no comment"! :woot:

Is it cannetille, too, or just very sophisticated and delicate filigree?

[​IMG]

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, I do, wow, one of my favourite styles, and a top piece!:woot::woot::woot: Thank you for thinking of me!:happy::kiss::kiss::kiss:
    It is an intricate composition of filigree rosettes, typical of Bulgarian Revival jewellery of the 19th century.
    I can imagine. Traditional Bulgarian jewellery is expensive, and collectors would have been scrambling to get this pafti.;)

Thanks again.:kiss:

IvaPan likes this.
  3. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

I was truly my pleasure, Any! :kiss::kiss::kiss: I have learnt so much from you, and we have had so many pleasant discussions that it is more than natural to think about you when I encounter such beauty.

Thank you, I will remember it.
    Yes, they did scramble, 36 bids ;) I did not participate although it started from 0,01 BGN, as I realised from the very beginning (to a large extent thanks to you and the other experts here :kiss:) that this item will go for much more money than I can afford to pay (sigh... :sorry:)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Of course it is part of your culture, not mine, but I know the feeling from Dutch pieces which are beyond my paygrade.
    And I am always on the lookout for affordable Balkan jewellery. Some other styles too, of course, but Balkan filigree is special, and in a different way close to my heart as well.

I hope that someday you will find that special Bulgarian Revival piece that others have overlooked. You never know...;):kiss:

IvaPan and komokwa like this.
  5. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Any, for your understanding and encouragement! :kiss: I hope, too, and maybe, someday...

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted