Featured So what got you started ?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by charlie cheswick, Dec 14, 2022.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I used to have auburn hair. I hated it. I think I got it from paternal grandmother but not sure. I wanted the hair color the popular girls had.:(
    Now I wish I had those red auburn highlights again. Never know what you will miss till it is gone.:(

2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

So true pearls, my niece has the most amazing auburn hair, and I tell her of it everyone I see her

She usually says o shut up, but with that I secretly like that when you say it look :)

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I had some red in my hair when I was younger. I think the gray ate it.

judy, komokwa, Potteryplease and 3 others like this.
  4. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

My Dad was a redhead (I have highlights), my husband's uncle was a redhead. Husband and I were shocked when our son was born a redhead, just never expected it. Our doctor kept saying the our son would be a redhead, but we just laughed it off. Redheads rock!

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Cousin's youngest son has a bright red beard. We're Scottish, mostly, genes will out.

judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Just an aside, if you want to see an anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist go totally pale in the preop area watch them walk up to a patient & realize they are a redhead. :jawdrop::jawdrop::eek::eek::eek:

I don't know if there is a physiological reason but those redheads will do some crazy s--t while under anesthesia. BP's, heart rates & all kinds of physiological functions go crazy all of a sudden. I have seen it in action. :p:p:p

Frank, judy, Ownedbybear and 3 others like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

And they don't stay under either, I'm told. Anesthesia doesn't work well on redheads.

8. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Yep, Scottish on one side, Irish on the other did it for us.

9. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Yes, we have experienced the heart rate issue, never thought to connect it to that though. Interesting.

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I used to react very badly to anasthaesia. Then had a female anaesthetist, who was scary as hell in a good way. My dear, she boomed, no one reacts badly to mine. She was right.

judy, charlie cheswick and bercrystal like this.
  11. charlie cheswick

Very interesting stuff, I've read before that redheads have a better pain tolerance don't know if that's true or not, I'm not a wimp at all when it comes to physical pain, (mental hmmm)

I think it might be an evolution thing from all those school wedgies we endured from lifetimes past ;)

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  12. charlie cheswick

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  13. charlie cheswick

14. charlie cheswick

Right on happy !! :kiss:

A-241002-1289520640.jpg arton175924.jpg

Happy! and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I was auburn as a boy..

16. charlie cheswick

Charlie boy slightly coy

charlie.jpg

17. pearlsnblume

I was the only one out of my siblings with auburn hair. Both my brothers had dirty blonde brown hair.
    you are a cutie Charlie.

Happy!, komokwa and charlie cheswick like this.
  18. charlie cheswick

Thanks pearlsy

Not a pretty picture nowadays though, heavy drinkin, stress, sunbeds n all

6874743331383630332e6a7067.jpg

19. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Visiting museums and historic homes and seeing things on display that we used on a daily basis piqued my interest. I grew up in a home filled with antiques that I didn't realize were "antiques".

Both my parents had brown hair and brown eyes. My oldest brother had blue eyes and blond hair. The next eldest brother had brown curly hair and brown eyes. My sister had blue eyes and blonde hair. I have blue eyes and before it all turned white, I had auburn hair, and my beard and mustache were red. I think it's true, anesthesia doesn't always work on redheads.

Happy!, crowleys, kentworld and 2 others like this.
  20. pearlsnblume

Draft saved Draft deleted