Featured Strange furniture.

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by João Pereira, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They wouldn't be smoking hot.;)

PortableTreasures likes this.
  2. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

lol, Not sure about dangerous but how many pipes could you store in this, 100? 200? A LOT for sure. Has seen pipe boxes but never anything like this for pipe storage.

Agrees, 1st quarter 20th, probably a bar/ glass cabinet in pretty rough shape. The kind of piece you PAY people to haul away around these parts.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Those could be pipe racks rather than for stemware. If so, we are looking at a smoking stand. Would tend to be smaller than a bar cabinet.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have a cabinet from a Great Uncle that has racks like that inside for pipes. It still smells like sweet tobacco and he's been gone for 30 years. No, you wouldn't put a hot pipe in it, but pipe smokers would have multiple pipes. The drawer would be for all the tools - pipe cleaners, etc. It has slanted sections. It's actually at my son's so I can't take a photo. Not sure what the brackets on the outside are for. Hanging a Persian slipper to hold the tobacco?? (Sherlock Holmes reference in case you don't know)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Thirded or fourthed or whatever for a smoking cabinet. I've found them before. Some pipe smoker would still like that, or it could be messed with since it's damaged. I wouldn't pay much for it if anything.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

And there are pipe smokers' societies. My father used to belong to a student society called the Gouda Pipes Club, and yes, they smoked those long Gouda pipes:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted