Featured Superb Find - Antique Italian Porcelain Statue - Need To Identified

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Silver Wolf, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The painting is by Jacques-Louis David. As for the porcelain... Does appear to be a desk accessory; when was there last demand for such things?

Silver Wolf and i need help like this.
  2. Bronwen

My one thought is that it may not be all one name. D P could be company, D___ Porcellana, e.g., while the other part could be the name of the modeler.

3. Bronwen

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think you've nailed it!

[​IMG]

6. Bronwen

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm not so sure on the high asking price one. Of those completed on Liveauctioneers, they either didn't sell or sold for $225, $100, $50, $30, and $20.

8. Bronwen

Doubt there's any great fortune to be had: modern artist working in now very retro style. To my mind, a positive it is not a lamp, although, if it were not front & center, would think that hole was for a cord. BWDIK? Maybe lamps are more collectible. Being able to ID figures & original artist might also be a plus, along with pretty, romantic scene, instead of anonymous Italian peasants. I see several works that are supposed to evoke the Mysterious East, so this one a departure in that way too.

Silver Wolf and i need help like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Domenico is no longer with us, he died in 2013 at age 87. But yes, his work is fairly recent, and the faces are of a modern style.

Silver Wolf, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  10. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

kyratango, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Bronwen

Lazy writing: modern artist who was working...

kyratango, kentworld and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

My guess is late 20th century, looking at those faces. 1980s-90s.

Bronwen likes this.
  13. Silver Wolf

i think he did really good job for his job,the detail and the pattern looks good,for me at least,:hilarious::hilarious:

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Silver Wolf

but what about the crazing condition of the statue's surface?do it really that young?:eek:

Bronwen likes this.
  15. Any Jewelry

I don't see any crazing, but you have it in hand. Maybe it has had a hard life.:(

Bronwen likes this.
  16. Silver Wolf

kentworld, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Diego is Domenico's son, took over his father's company in 2013. He would already have been working in the company. His father Domenico kept working til the end, according to the Italian link Bronwen posted.:)

Bronwen, Silver Wolf and i need help like this.
  18. Bronwen

19. Any Jewelry

20. Silver Wolf

so it's dominico's work right aj?

the result of this item is Domenico Poloniato , late 20th century , ok guys thanks for all your help,especially bronwen who can solve the makers name,bravo!i have a dozen more items to identified in next few days,be prepared to solve another mysteries:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Any Jewelry, i need help and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted