Featured Superb Find - Antique Italian Porcelain Statue - Need To Identified

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Silver Wolf, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I was surprised to get the signature; usually I'm good only for the mythology. :)

2. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

but you've already prove it,good for you!:smuggrin:

Any Jewelry, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

1D108FF7-42A8-4666-96C8-619D53F7748F.jpeg No Gold Star for @Bronwen
    Rather Cassiopeia is appropriate! :)
    Great Detective Work!

Any Jewelry, Silver Wolf and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Thought it would be nice to add this to the end:

[​IMG]

5. Bronwen

Was trying to come up with a joke that started 'Or I on the other hand', but too tired. Thanks - very high praise from our sleuth par excellence! :kiss::kiss:

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Only half a joke, but still good for a giggle.:D

i need help, Bronwen and Silver Wolf like this.
  7. Silver Wolf

Dpoloniato.jpg
    @Bronwen you did job better than this valuation company,i think you eligible for it :hilarious::blackalien:

8. Bronwen

If the assessment was done without the aid of a well developed Internet, I cannot fault the preparer. It was only because Google suggested Poloniato to my search for Ploniato that I got there.

If you really want to see me hop up & down, rant & rave, get me started on cameo appraisals done by professional jewellers, particularly those who proudly put GIA after their name, as though that makes them an expert!!!!

9. Silver Wolf

yes,that's one thing i don't understand about that valuation company,why they didn't even use google to done the work,idk :hilarious:

i need help, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  10. Bronwen

Is this a valuation you had already obtained on the piece? I don't see a date, so can't tell when it was prepared.

i need help and Silver Wolf like this.
  11. Silver Wolf

actually yesterday before you found the "domenico poloniato" i still have 1 credit left in that site,so i try to submit,but alas,they're not better than you,i shall submit it to you than to them,hahaha :hilarious:

i need help, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  12. Bronwen

So, a fair fight then. They did a good job with identifying the scene & the source. Let's hope the valuation is within reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted