Featured The hype of art .... or is it the art of hype?

Discussion in 'Art' started by verybrad, May 7, 2016.

1. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

yesterday i bought 2 Mexican tourist type bags ( says Mexico in big letters) and a pinata and fake candies , working them into my display.
    oh and a cool pair of pants for my mannequin.
    still no poncho's yet

KingofThings likes this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Lloyd... before long, you'll be joining the group... of Caucasian American/Canadian males here who regularly out-Mexican me. Speaking better Spanish, knowing more about Mexican mushrooms, interpreting Mexican art better. But I forgive you, because I love you guys!

KingofThings and lloyd249 like this.
  3. lloyd249

yes Gila i know nothing of your culture (my spanish is limited to what i learned on dora ) and it is nothing personal or bad in anyway just art
    ps this was planned before i got here also lol my son was going to smash his old guitar but i came up with a better idea for it, make art
    my English is bad i don't know how to spell and i only eat magic mushrooms, and i couldn't spot a piece of Canadian art if you threw it at me lol and i hate hockey .and all sports am i a bad Canadian lol and i don't drink beer

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Oh, well.
    None of us are real artists anyway because we sell for under a million! :hilarious:

5. lloyd249

most artist die poor from their own art as we tent to under value it and sell it off for peanuts

KingofThings likes this.
  6. lloyd249

art is very subjective also, what one person loves another hates , and that is what art is supposed to be .what i find offensives someone else thinks is fine, i knew not everyone would love my books Kob Webs 1 , 2 , and 3d but i was hoping at least they would have a favorite one , and i found out everyone each liked a different one , one that reflected on their life/lives. If you can make an honest living out of your art what is the harm .
    one day a friends daughter was talking about my book and didn't know I was the author she said somethings (honest opinion) about it that made me think about enhancing/changing it .

and we love you too Gila you put a sense of youth in the group(in a good way lol) and if i offended you or your culture that was not my intention and i haven't done anything to be forgiven for.............. yet

KingofThings likes this.
  7. lloyd249

you can please half the people all the time or all the people half the time you know the rest my Halloween display offends christian and my red baron bike offends Jewish people oh well it wasn't meant 2. people are offended when a mans penis is on display as art work, but not when a woman's whole body is used, it's a work of art . my bike was kicked over a couple times as a Honda 400 , but since it was painted they want to take pictures of it and respect it as art . to me it is just the bike i have always rode . and ride today if i wipe out then it is gone .

KingofThings likes this.
  8. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

My Best and most Cherished piece of art is the Painting of Ryan and I which Gila so graciously did for us. It holds a place of honor on our wall where we both can see it multiple times daily! I wouldn't sell it for a million even if it would thrust GILA into art world fame. She is Famous to me and the best artist that I have the honor .....no PRIVILAGE of owning a piece of art by.

9. lloyd249

i couldn't agree more
    she is to modest lol

KingofThings likes this.
  10. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Now you made me cry, my dear Mr. Digger. You, too, Lloyd!
    Happy tears, very fulfilled. That compliment will make me grin for a long time.

EDIT
    Doing that with and for you was one of the happiest episodes in my life.

11. lloyd249

i myself look at the whole world as art from the smallest piece of dirt and microbes to the whole universe it's all so fantastic how it all goes together.
    in my opinion art is art , and what is collectible art is another story and depends on what one is willing to pay or sell it for .I imagine rich people buy sell and trade millions of dollars in art like i buy sell and trade sports cards and star wars stuff

KingofThings likes this.
  12. lloyd249

HEEEEYYYYYY we are all artist in are own way money comes after we die and they sell our stuff off lol i always say my funeral is at 10:00 am and the auction starts at 2:00 pm lol

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  13. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I like that, Lloyd. Art and Collectible/High Dollar Art is a horse of a different pigment.

14. lloyd249

every piece you do is a piece of you and when you die off and people want that piece of you for themselves it will gain monetary value to someone even me i want one now lol

trade you for a ryan coke original

KingofThings likes this.
  15. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

You're a hoot, Lloyd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I not going to like all these posts but I am liking them ;)

17. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Thank you, (Very) Brad!

EDIT
    That's SO Brad!

lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  18. lloyd249

thank u

KingofThings likes this.
  19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Art really is subjective. I like some of the kid art from my niece a lot better than the so-called "art" in a lot of galleries. Someone called me an artist recently, although I notice he didn't say I was a good one.(LOL)

20. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Your 'teacher' wasn't................except negatively.
    She/he was human debris.
    Sorry this happened Gila but just look what you have done!
    Proving wrong is even better...no? :)
    ~
    My grammar school science & art teacher was the best. So much the best that I became her 'pet'. She never, and would never, have done such a thing to anyone. She is why I became interested in science and art.
    I do wonder if she is still with us so I could talk with her and show her the things I've done.
    Eventually she became the principal. Had she been when I attended...I wouldn't have spent so much time outside the principal's office. ;)

lloyd249 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted