Featured THE SILVER RELIQUARY HEAD SOLD.....DID ANYONE SEE???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Aquitaine, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Just wondering if anyone had noticed that it did sell, and went for a tidy sum, I must say.....$4,800.00 plus 23% BP!! She WAS SO lovely though!!!! I wasn't following.... just happened across her....
    81728516_1_xsold for 4800+BP.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

She's beautiful. $4800 isn't a lot of moola for her sale either!

3. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

I loved her and could so live with her.

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

6. Daniel G

Daniel G Well-Known Member

I was in the hunt for the hammered Irish Loving Cup by Thomas Boulton. In fact, I thought he was going to “hammer” my final bid but no.

The bidding was aggressive on this silver piece from the start as I watched, interested but passive (somewhat disheartened by the absence of any reliquary chamber) For what it is worth, Leonard uses three auction platforms, liveauctioneers, invaluable and proxibid and with varying bp so it pays to recognize that proxibid is only 21%. Being onsite and phone bidding, obviously cheaper.

I had to restrain my natural bidding aggression at this auction, having just returned from gallery shopping in Naples, FL that put a dent in my pocket book!

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  7. william Crofton

william Crofton New Member

The lid was by Bolton circa 1710 but the body of the cup was by William Townsend circa 1750. Nice cup but the 13oz lid is worth far more than the cup itself.

Draft saved Draft deleted