Featured The waiting was the hardest part today

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Nov 25, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

42410B46-C288-4A1D-A547-4F8E0D1ED599.jpeg C8A64032-8883-4D07-B6E6-EA6974D86F7B.jpeg 6589D6EB-8E9D-474F-9416-9AAE6F7D0A69.jpeg

Here she is! There’s one part of the painting that drives me insane otherwise I like it. I assume you’ll see it. My mother’s name is written lightly on the back of the frame in pencil. I was hoping I might be able to find a connection when I do some research. Probably not but it would be cool. I may make it one of her gifts for Xmas.

MrNate, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hi, J.D. She's not one of the Hours, although definitely in that mode. Wondering if she is not Arachne? Or am I not seeing correctly?

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy, MrNate and kyratango like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

You mean other than her oddly shaped right foot and the apparent dismemberment of the left? :cyclops:

As @Bronwen says, not one of the Hours. And, though similar in subject/style to Michelangelo Maestri, quite different in execution.
    It will make a lovely gift!

(My apologies, @MrNate for hijacking your thread!):shy:

4. Bronwen

I would say he diverted it himself. ;) I can't tell what she's holding in her right hand, nor what's lurking in the upper right corner, so if Mr. N. feels obliging, would love to see additional photos, either here or in a new thread, that show those areas more clearly.

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Me, neither.

I see something like this in her left hand:

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy, MrNate and Bronwen like this.
  6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

@Bronwen
    Perhaps it's meant to be a Jacob's staff in her left hand and an astrolabe in her right.

7. Bronwen

I can see what you see. I can also see 2 eyes in the dark. (Probably watch LOTR too much.)

[​IMG]

I see her as delicately pulling on a very fine filament with the left hand. Object in her right looks more like a mirror or a percussion instrument to me, except for the way she's holding it.

Christmasjoy and MrNate like this.
  8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I assumed jewels, not eyes. :wideyed:

Christmasjoy, MrNate and Bronwen like this.
  9. Bronwen

It's only because I see her as pulling a thread from that corner that I see a spider.

MrNate likes this.
  10. J Dagger

She definitely could be Arachne, good spot. Arachne is seen with hand raised around near invisible webs in different painting it seems. Here’s one with a similar half visible line like mine. I’m not sure if the result is intended to be the same but looks similar enough. 56710126-510D-4D46-A856-B6FB958A4EEF.jpeg

Bronwen likes this.
  11. J Dagger

Yes the right foot kills me. The toes are so horrible and the shape so bad. Otherwise pleasant painting if you don’t look too hard but that foot makes me crazy. I didn’t notice the left foot looks dismembered in my photos lol. Less so when looking at s risk painting.

I second the hijacking apology Nate.

bluumz and Bronwen like this.
  12. J Dagger

I saw it as a fine filament as well. That or a mystical/magical scepter or something.could also be a web.

As far as what’s going on in the right top corner around the previously mentioned element I saw it as “energy” or movement.

Here is a couple more photos.
    56193390-E9F3-4CE1-89B8-08B427DA0E66.jpeg B39AB1A6-49A0-423F-8F8E-CF16DEF84A6A.jpeg 2107CBC8-BE68-4FAA-A58D-BDBB58E3D6ED.jpeg F6D181C1-AA56-42F7-B348-73009FC74DA2.jpeg

Bronwen likes this.
  13. J Dagger

Oooh. This very much could be it. Looks a lot like an astrolabe. Not sure why the Jacobs staff would be represented this way though?

bluumz and Bronwen like this.
  14. Bronwen

Now I'm seeing sort of a wand with red ribbon tied around it. Still see the other object as a mirror. What it adds up to...?

J Dagger and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted