Featured Tiny "Intaglio Flower" bowl, help please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Feb 20, 2024.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

No offense to all our Carney Glass fans,I know this auction was only 14 years ago-but does Carnival Glass still sell for this much ?

2. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Some does. Certain patterns, certain colors in certain patterns. Most of what I've found over the years is fairly common pieces. I use Dave Doty's website for most of my research because he lists the prices achieved at auction by pattern, shape and year, lots of info all in one place. Some of the numbers are very surprising. A marigold bowl may have sold for $10, while a red one, same pattern, shape and size, sold for $600! Might not be thousands but a lot more than one might imagine.

Oh, his site is also a great place to find maker, pattern name, how to identify carnival colors, a whole section on vases and links to all of Marion Hartungs books with pictures and older research. Plus European carnival and fakes/reprouctions. I feel like it's pretty comprehensive albeit there are other resources with additional information. I visit there often.

Linda

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip Linda.I do see it around at the Thrifts every now & then.

lvetterli likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted