Featured Tiny silver & enameled cup & saucer w/ scalloped edges

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bercrystal, Jul 13, 2022.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I got this piece as part of a table lot last year during the never-ending estate auction.

I know there was a similar piece posted not that long ago but could not find it again & of course, I made no notes about the results of the post. :rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::bag:

The cup is 1 1/2" to the side edge & is 1 7/8" across the top. The saucer is 2 5/8" across & 5/8" to the side edge.

The photos are showing it as I got it & I had only used a little dab of polish on the bottoms to help the marks show up a little more.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all opinions or suggestions!!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

cxgirl, Lucille.b, Figtree3 and 10 others like this.
  2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

3. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Yep, Chinese Export Silver. Nice little item.

cxgirl, Figtree3, johnnycb09 and 3 others like this.
  4. bercrystal

cxgirl, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. bercrystal

Thank you so much!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

cxgirl likes this.
  6. bercrystal

I believe I have the marks on the bottom positioned sideways. :rolleyes::facepalm::bag::bag:

If someone could help me out with the correct positioning I would be very much appreciative. :D

cxgirl likes this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Lovely little thing!

cxgirl and bercrystal like this.
  8. bercrystal

Well, I finally got around to listing this cup & saucer tonight. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::bag:

It posted at 10:47 PM EST & received its first bid at 10:58 PM EST. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: :woot::woot:

It now has 5 bids & I also got a message from someone asking for a BIN price. :wideyed::wideyed:

I did relent & opened up the bidding to China because I am not stupid but hopefully this piece will be delivered in a more timely manner than the last 2 pieces that went in that direction. :arghh::arghh::arghh: :banghead::banghead:

cxgirl, J Dagger, Lucille.b and 3 others like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you could send it by weather ballon...!!!

oooops, not anymore !:(:eek:

cxgirl, J Dagger, Frank and 6 others like this.
  10. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Speaking of shipping to China has anyone had a problem with eBay international standard delivery to China/Asia? For some reason I cannot use it to ship to China. Other parts of the world no issue. I’ve contacted eBay and they say they are aware of the issue. They had me use the next cheapest usps option the time I called and refunded me the difference. Other times I haven’t bothered calling.

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A lot of Chinese buyers use USA shipping addresses. The items get delivered here, and then the freight forwarder combines the shipment and sends it off to China. I guess some collectibles buyers haven't learned the trick. Goes right around domestic only shipping rules some sellers have set up too, for good or ill.

bercrystal likes this.
  12. bercrystal

Good ole eBay!! :facepalm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead:

They bug you incessantly to sign up for that shipping service but can't make it work correctly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will lay odds the people they are going to be laying off are going to be programmers & customer service. God forbid they trim any upper management which is where they would get the most bang for their buck. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

J Dagger likes this.
  13. J Dagger

it’s actually not the global shipping program they were pushing. eBay international standard delivery is just an option that comes up for all international orders sans signing up for anything I’m pretty sure. So I base my shipping prices on using that service then when it comes time to buy the label it hasn’t worked the last few times. Next option usually less than $5 more but it’s still $5. The bigger factor is that with eBay international standard once it reaches the routing warehouse in Chicago and gets scanned in the seller is credited with making the delivery. So that’s awesome. Even if it gets lost in transit after then the responsibility is off the seller. Such a great system. When it then doesn’t work it’s not as awesome.

14. J Dagger

I’ve dealt with that a handful of times with no issues. The more Chinese still I sell the more I ship directly there though.

15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It went the other way for me while I was still selling. Started out shipping direct and ended up with 99% reshipper addresses.

16. bercrystal

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night.

I have 6 unique bidders at this point & all 6 are located in China.

cxgirl and kyratango like this.
  17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol komokwa:)

what a sweet cup and saucer, I bet it goes higher in the last minute:)

kyratango likes this.
  18. bercrystal

Sniped with seconds to go for $405.00. :smug::smug::smug::smug: :woot::woot::woot::woot:

It is going back home to China but I only have to get it as far as Oregon here in the good ole USA. :D:D:D:D

19. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Congratulations Peggy!!!

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

woo hoo, congrats Peggy:)

kyratango, johnnycb09 and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted