Featured Todays finds :-) Trifari & Czech

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I'd love to go pickin' with you all in England.It is a heck of a lot of work-but if you've got the passion,thats the way it is.
    I must admit I do frequently drive-by the tables full of baby clothes-am I passing up a Faberge' teething ring hiding in the diapers ? Well you never know till you dig.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The Keswick School brass tray I found a few weeks back was on a table of baby clothes, peeping out at me.

4. bosko69

Thankfully there's a meeting & sale (!) today of the Brewerania Collectors of Oregon (beer memorabilia collectors).I doubt if i'll find much cheap pre-prohibition ephemera,but as fellow collectors-I'm sure these folks will bring a few other rusty odds n' ends with them. If I find anything I'll post.

5. bosko69

What I'll occasionally find at the local thrifts is something for $2.99 that has sold for $30-$40 on Ebay-simply not worth yr time after listing fees, marketing/packaging/drive to the post office.
    -too old to learn bout hot mod fashions and too tired to list 50 pairs of tennis shoes a week.
    My couture era's 1890-1940 (lots of cheap,imitation vintage online),and no-I don't walk around kitted-up in steampunk at 71.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A lot of Youtuber kids these days collect 90s "vintage" t-shirts and the like. I tell them I wore that stuff the first time around and don't care to wear it again.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. bosko69

Yep-They're looking for the really classic stuff like the invaluable '2019 Taylor Swift Tour' shirt.

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

OTOH "old" Dave Matthews shirts are always appreciated. T-Swift has hard core fans. I once found a fairly recent tour shirt of hers in a Goodwill for not much. A lady near me was a huge fan, or so she said; I handed her the shirt. Maybe it got resold, maybe not.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I have many vintage tee shirts here but I hate selling clothing. People who buy vintage clothing are always kvetches. I do not have the patience to deal with them any more so one day I hope to get them to a consignment store if I can find one near me.

Draft saved Draft deleted