Featured Unmarked sterling silver bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by billyd3us, Nov 4, 2018.

1. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I don’t understand the reference of keyword spam. :bucktooth:

2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I understand that and the issue for me has nothing to do with deception. Those that don’t know or didn’t think about it prior may or may not change their minds, but hopefully they will as, at least on one major venue, search manipulation is against policy although it seems to be rarely enforced. It gives a seller of a saleable but not of super search word popularity a completely unfair advantage against others of the same. Again, I realize that manipulation is rarely enforced but that’s a rule that I think is correct and should be respected.

Never my intention to insult anyone here but still feel strongly about using that term or the like in any way other than research (and still hate it lol)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Which is your right to feel that way......

Any Jewelry and reader like this.
  4. reader

reader Well-Known Member

And, interesting discussion BTW.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. i need help

Why is it Spam?

6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

When anyone describes a no-name or lesser name object that is similar to a famous highly searched name but has nothing whatsoever to do with item other than having been made in the same era some will call it stuff like Fred Harvey Era or Emilio Pucci era which is against the policies of at least one selling venue and IMO it’s not the correct way to describe the items but they certainly are easily searched. Only names that relate directly to the object searched are supposed to be used so that there is no unfair advantage in searches but again, this doesn’t apply to research.

All will do as they choose but I feel better voicing against KWS used in any way. Done lol but wanted to answer you since I brought it up to begin with.

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  7. i need help

Thanks for explaining. The term using the word SPAM confused me. I understand your point. But I think in this Forum it is not used as a suggested description. More as like AJ said a figuring it out process.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Again, agree. I don’t expect to change anyone’s mind but since I feel that no one should carry a peeve about anything without making some attemp to change it and this is one of mine.

When we make terms like that acceptable in discussion IMO it strongly suggests that the terms are acceptable when selling.

OK people-enough on this one-I said what I wanted to say and others need help from you all!

i need help likes this.
  9. i need help

The way I have always seen this is: Ultimately the seller will make their own decisions in wording their listings. They should realize the risks they take with bad reviews for misrepresentation. I personally, and many others put great emphasis on explaining. “Further investigating is needed” or your piece is unmarked, etc. I am NOT taking offense in your view. I don’t particularly care for listings like that, either. I just don’t agree that members here try to have that sort of impact. I find many people here do the opposite if it is questionable. :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

PLEASE guys-I am not saying that anyone here does it with negativity, just that it’s something best to avoid and I accept that it obviously doesn’t bother others as much as it bugs me.

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  11. i need help

Understood, :).

Draft saved Draft deleted