Featured Unusual Perfume Bottle - No Marks - Need Help

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 30, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I paid a lot more than usual for this puppy, so I hope it was worth the cost. I grabbed it right away because, in my limited experience I hadn't seen anything like it. I couldn't find any marks nor could I figure how to describe it, so I could search. It is 5 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches wide. Any help appreciated.

IMG_2458.jpg IMG_2454.jpg IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2435.jpg IMG_2443.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a little over the top.....
    but still nice !!:happy:

3. KikoBlueEyes

Okay. That's very funny. At first, I didn't get it, but it's late. :)

4. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. KikoBlueEyes

Wow. Exactly right. That's what it is. A Matson design.

That second link is terrific. I couldn't figure out what you meant until I saw the picture. I'll see if I can release it. Also, it shows where to look for the signature. That is also a wonderful link. You are amazing finding all this information.

I'll have to track down the Globe piece, as I don't know anything about them.

I'm so excited to find out about these bottles. I have heard of Matson, but didn't connect the two. Thank you so much for taking the time to track all this down. :kiss:

7. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you, Bakers.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome home, Kiko!

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Boy I don't know perfumes, but I have a question about the applicator. Are we sure it is stuck? It seems to be attached to the top part which is what I would expect --or maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Sounds like that middle piece maybe unscrews although I'm not sure I'd mess with that unless you could be really careful.

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The glass dauber is attached where it should be, but you should be able to pick it up by the wreath finial without all the floral decoration coming up with it. You can see the line where they should separate.

11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The dauber portion is probably gunked up with old perfume gunk. I would try the hot soapy water first as @Roaring20s suggested but if that doesn't work you can try a little isopropyl alcohol dripped into the crack.

We have had a few of these bottles posted just recently.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/unknown-perfume-bottle.66942/#post-4350056

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/large-ornate-perfume-bottle-filligree-ormolu.65564/

The second thread has a short discussion on the use of the words filigree & ormolu to describe these types of bottles.

You could get whole matching sets consisting of a vanity mirror, powder jars, kleenex holders, etc. & they were very popular from the 1960s - 1970s.

Other companies to look for are Stylebuilt & Guildcrest.

Nice bottle you added to the hoard!! :happy::happy::happy::kiss:

That window ledge has got to be overflowing by now. ;):playful::playful: :D

If you decide you want to start displaying them on a vanity mirror tray let me know. I have quite a few I have picked up along the way. :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::bag: :hilarious::hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted