Featured What age are these bronze dipped baby booties?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Elen Beattie, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Well-Known Member

Thanks for your post this is helpful!

judy likes this.
  2. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

3. Elen Beattie

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I was just watching the show CBS News Sundary Morning (with Jane Pauley). They were interviewing Cindy McCain (Sen. John McCain's widow) and she showed them a pair of his loafers that she had broonzed. They were tassle loafers (of course) that he wore during his first run for the senate in 1982. She said that the company said, "Are you sure you want to do this? We usually bronze baby shoes."

We were just talking about those!! LOL! I wonder who in the family will now be responsible for displaying/storing those shoes for the next 50 years?

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

How about some bronzed Crocs? :hilarious:

[​IMG]

Figtree3, Bronwen and Aquitaine like this.
  6. Elen Beattie

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

bluumz likes this.
  7. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

I was watching "how it's made" last night - Season 8 Episode 8 - the third segment was on how they bronze baby shoes. process is interesting. reminded me of this thread - thought folks might like to see it - if you have a streaming service that has season 8 on demand - I think it's on discovery+ and on sling. - cheers

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Elen Beattie

Ha, thanks for this :happy:

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

My SiL did her kids from the ‘60’s!!

10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I used to love watching that show - ever since our cable Company got greedy and added that to the "Premium Package" I said "Adios Amigos" (Guessing we have to learn Spanish sooner than later - LOL)

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted