Featured What kind of Lace is this?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by scoutshouse, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Yes, a very nice site. I was unaware of it. I am aware of Lorilei Halley; she is a well known and noted lace maker. Laces can be simple to identify or terribly complex. Straightforward knit, crochet, bobbin lace, tatting, needle lace and tape lace are fairly easy to lump into their own category; yet identifying "what kind" of lace it is within each of those categories is the hard part! I'm still stumped sometimes! :)
    Leslie
    PS - yes, I can see why you could have been confused by Battenburg/via bobbin...as they both can have "tapes"... except Battenburg is machine tape folded (as the photo states); where as bobbin and other forms of tape are hand manipulated into curves and turns.

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome to Antiquers, @Northern Lights Lodge -- I've seen some of your other posts, too. Your contributions are welcome!

Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted