Featured Zoltan White? Ring, amethyst, turquoise, sterling. Austro-Hungarian style.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Any Jewelry, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Thank you S Wolf.:happy:

scoutshouse and Silver Wolf like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The embroidery on those would be a royal pain to duplicate. I'm also wondering about the design of those hats. At some point it must have had a logical purpose, but when this was taken they were probably just to peacock around in.

3. Kimbert

Kimbert Well-Known Member

Wow such gorgeous clothing!!! Thanks for the history blurb on the Siebenbürger Sachsen- very interesting!!
    It's a beautiful ring, I hope you will decipher it's maker/origin

4. Any Jewelry

I was thinking it could be the same as those fur-trimmed hats that used to be worn by Jewish administrative officials who worked for Polish nobility, and came to be a sign of rank in the Chassidic community. The 'Saxons' were also a privileged group in Transylvania, along with the Hungarians. Maybe it had to do with an office they once held?
    Thanks, Kimbert.:)

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That could be. Those Chasid fur hats are still being worn in some communities to this day.

6. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

AJ, if I remember correctly, the Hasidic movement started in Uraine in the mid 1700s. Not too far away. There could be a tie there
    Patd

KSW, Any Jewelry and scoutshouse like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

I am now the proud owner of another Zoltan White ring, a bargain on a Dutch site.:happy:
    Sterling silver, Mediterranean red coral, and unmatched turquoise in that true Austro-Hungarian fashion.;)

upload_2019-10-30_15-6-54.jpeg upload_2019-10-30_15-7-15.jpeg

I was actually looking for Amsterdam School jewellery, using different search terms to avoid those sellers who know their Amsterdam School jewellery.
    No cheap AS to be found, but bargain Zoltan White was a perfect surprise.:joyful:

Phaik Hooi, KSW, Barn Owl and 7 others like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Beautiful ring. I love the colors and how they contrast.

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Thank you, Kiko.:kiss: I love the colours as well.

KSW likes this.
  10. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Yay! Another beauty:woot:
    Psst... I miss your masked dancer avatar;):rolleyes:

KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

:kiss:
    She is having a little rest, she is considering coming back.:playful:

Bakersgma, kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

I like the new avatar so much. It catches your eye and has such brilliant colors. Would it be better, if she added a mask?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. kyratango

Agree with you it is bright and eye catching:) I suppose I only have to get used at it;) The dancer was so linked to AJ in my mind I always thought it was her actual portrait!:hilarious:

14. KikoBlueEyes

I think of you too as your avatar though I know the painting. It epitomizes your love of jewelry

Any Jewelry likes this.
  15. kyratango

Ha! And my facetious side too...:joyful:

16. Any Jewelry

:kiss:
    She is actually from the front cover of a Dutch 5 part 1930s edition of the history of Indonesia. A Dutch Art Deco rendition of a Javanese(-Madurese) princess, combining two art forms I like. I don't know who the artist is.
    The books are on my desk for research purposes, lined up sideways, so I see her from the corner of my eye every time I talk to you guys.;)
    I thought the long earring and crown were more in keeping with the 'Jewelry' part of my forum name.
    I tweaked her a bit, and she came out a bit brighter than intended, but otherwise you couldn't discern the outline of her face all that well. I also flipped her so she faced the text.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    reader, Figtree3, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

I know the feeling, I have the same as Kiko when I see your avatar. I know what you look like, and she has that same cheeky twinkle in her eye.:playful: You two are quite similar in a way, perfect choice, and a perfect earring too.:)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    reader, KikoBlueEyes and kyratango like this.
  18. kyratango

:kiss::):joyful:

19. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you for allowing us to enjoy her too.

reader, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  20. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted