Zuni/Navajo Pendant - unknown hallmark

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by StumptownJoe, Jan 15, 2020.

1. StumptownJoe

StumptownJoe Active Member

Looking for info on this hallmark. Beautiful water bird of crushed turquoise and coral. Having trouble identifying the F and arrowhead (?) stamps. Thanks!

3788CB17-601B-439E-AFCE-53E301C4B508.jpeg 57800631-4CCD-4219-9157-F7AAB1BD790F.jpeg B95C66D8-E2D6-4A9F-8818-A74F0B349112.jpeg 59386BEC-CD55-4F3A-A278-0A5758264CAA.jpeg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Christmasjoy and StumptownJoe like this.
  3. StumptownJoe

Thanks! I've been through that site and a few others but no luck so far!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I am in a Native American forum. If you want I can post photos there and ask.

Christmasjoy and StumptownJoe like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry, StumptownJoe and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

duplicate thread not needed...

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. StumptownJoe

Woof. I’m confusing myself. Many apologies for the duplicate thread. I know it’s not needed - it was inadvertent. Yes, got good info on the symbology, not the hallmark.
    again, sorry about that. Going through a lot of grandfather’s estate and I just forgot which forum I’d posted on. I’ll pay better attention.

reader, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Just want to add that IMO the piece is most likely Navajo although as already mentioned, other tribes and non NA artists have embraced the technique. It’s probably 80s forward as the technique didn’t exist before the 70s when Tommy Singer (Navajo) developed it as a way to use scrap turquoise and coral. I love it and have a large chip squash made by Tommy’s brother William.

StumptownJoe and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted